Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

94 corolla oil leak

vince23

Hi All,

Hope you guys can help me with this one.

I have two 94 Corolla XEs with the 2E engines that developed a nasty oil leak (I replenish with about 1 liter of oil every two weeks). This happened first to one car and follwed suit on the other after about 5 months.

I had the car raised and powerwashed. The leak seems to start from the junction of the aircon compressor and the engine block. After a few days, it will cover the entire oil pan. I had a mechanic take down the oil pan, clean and reinstall it with new gasket compound 3 times already. Now, he is just as baffled about it as I am.

Has anyone out there had the same experience?

Appreciate your ideas and insights on this.

Thanks

Any one of you guys there :)

Check the rear crank seal or the 2E has problems where the diaphram in the fuel pump (on the back of the head) breaks down with age,it then chucks oil out which in turn runs down the back of the engine

• 6 years later...

The following seals need to be replaced in Toyota 2E engine's for fixing oil leak.

- Camshaft Seal, Crankshaft Seal & Oil pump seal - all located under the timing cover. Will require the timing belt to be taken off and will be good to replace the timing belt if it is soaked in oil.

- Rear cank seal and fuel pumps are also common ones as sugggested in previous reply.

- Will be good to renew the valve cover and sump covers will new gaskit compound.

Just posting a reply to an old question for the benefit of someone out there struggling to fix oil leaks on Toyota 2E engines as i have been through the struggle recently.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links