Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Tyre Wear...

mr_miller

My CTS currently needs new fronts and they are getted fitted hopefully on Tuesday. I opted for the Bridgestones, as the original rears seemed to have worn really well, and only cost £47 each fitted. Which I thought is an ok price.

The current tyres on are Goodyears, (not important but hey you might like to know) and the outside shoulder has basically worn to the wire, the rest of the tyre is barely worn at all. I've only has the car 2 months, but asked the dealership to check the Tracking before I picked it up.

Does this sort of wear sound like a tracking issue, or just the previous owners driving it a bit too hard?

I don't mind putting new tyres on it to be honest. It usually the first thing i do when i buy a car.

They edges will always wear quicker than the rest of the tyre and hard cornering will make it worse. Where are you getting the tyres from. Are they the original size because the cheapest i have seen are double that price.

Local Kwik-Fit, I'll post the total price when I get them fitted, but they said £95 -£100 fitted, for the pair. The size if 195/55/R16 V, which i believe is the standard fit.

Local Kwik-Fit,  I'll post the total price when I get them fitted, but they said £95 -£100 fitted, for the pair.  The size if 195/55/R16 V, which i believe is the standard fit.

Cripes! My dealer managed to beat the local indie tyre centre for Bridgestone Turanzas of that size but they quoted about £90 for one :eek:

Paul.

Local Kwik-Fit,  I'll post the total price when I get them fitted, but they said £95 -£100 fitted, for the pair.  The size if 195/55/R16 V, which i believe is the standard fit.

Cripes! My dealer managed to beat the local indie tyre centre for Bridgestone Turanzas of that size but they quoted about £90 for one :eek:

Paul.

my dealer quoted me £70 inc, fitting for dunlop sp200,

know)  and the outside shoulder has basically worn to the wire, the rest of the tyre is barely worn at all. I've only has the car 2 months, but asked the dealership to check the Tracking before I picked it up. 

Does this sort of wear sound like a tracking issue, or just the previous owners driving it a bit too hard?

Normally the internal sides should be worn. Either somebody put used tires before to sell it or your wheels need alighnment (camber).

For the outside edges to wear down to the wire/chords something is very wrong.. could be an allignment/camber issue.. or it could be a mechanical fault in the suspension or wheel bearings etc.. although in most cases this would wear out the inner edges.

If everything is ok.. the tyres should wear slightly more on the outside edges.. but only a slight feathering, this is caused by the power steering, and it affects the passenger side more than it does the drivers side, the reason it does this is because we turn right more often than we turn left (roundabouts) so all the weight get transfered to the passenger side of the car.

I(f it was mine, i would get a Geometric Check done on the car.. this will check all aspects of tracking/camber as well as check that the chassis, axles and everything else is as it should be.. hope this helps

Davy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links