Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Idle Speed + A Couple Of Small Qs

Dr_Doolittle

Hi there,

Just a quicky - I have an 02 Corolla T3 (just got it last week). My engine idles at about 600 rpm. This seems a bit low to me, and it is a little bit turbulent.

Does anyone know what rpm it should be idling at? And how do I adjust it if necessary? Is it the screw at the throttle body? (which way clockwise or anticlockwise??)

2nd small problem - I tried to swop two of my wheels (alloys) yesterday. First one (front) came off no problem, but the back one was stuck. I didn't try very hard to pull it off cause the car wasn't jacked up very well. Anyone know a good technique for getting stuck alloys off? Would it help to get them warmed up by taking the car for a long spin?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone got any ideas?

"If it ain't broke...don't fix it!"

I didn't try very hard to pull it off cause the car wasn't jacked up very well

Try jacking it up more and pulling harder?? Sorry I don't seem much help, but isn't that common sense? :)

Engine should idle at 650±50rpm (when fully warmed) so sounds perfectly normal. You can't adjust the isle speed without changing the ECU. There's an Idle Control Valve on the side of the throttle that's controlled by the ECU. If you wound the adjusting screw in/out all that would happen is the ECU would compensate by further opening closing of the Idle control

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links