Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Speakers On Ae92 Gti

King Rocco

Just fitted some 6x9’s onto the parcel shelf, and just about to put some ‘sound’ carpet over the shelf so no wannabe thief can see them. I haven’t fitted this before and just wondered what the best way to bond the carpet to the underside of the parcel shelf was? Don’t really want to use staples, would double-sided tape be strong enough, or some kind of glue?

Also, there are no rear Speakers on the gti so what is the best (easiest and/or neatest) way to get the wiresfrom the unit to the rear Speakers?

As usual thanks for any advice.

One more thing… what do you think about these rims in black on a white ‘rolla??

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/alloys.php?produ...ac99&startrow=0

Cheers!

you can buy spray on upholstry glue. that's what i used to cover the acoustic shelf i put in mine (it came in the kit). if you're running them off the headunit, run the cables under the plastic trim just inside the sill. there will probably be wiring already there, for the rear lights etc

if u fancy spending about 100 quid on an acoustic shelf there is one available from auto-acoustics for the GTi, its in 18mm mdf, can come with pre-cut holes for whatever speaker u want and is a perfect colour match to the grey thats in so many AE92s. yes its expensive buts its a perfect fit, 6x9s sound really good in it. altho the biggest problem in the GTi is the small size of the front Speakers. has anyone got door cards or anything made that could take 13cm or preferably 17 cm components?? having all the sound come from behind u is annoying to say the least.......

as for the wriring, do like JT says and run it under the plastic sill trim and under the rear seat, can be totally concealed quite easily

also the black alloys would look good on a white GTi :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links