Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo

jlvkfyang

There seems to be a lot of people here with Sera's and Starlets. I own a 1996 Toyota Paseo and want to swap the 4e-fte into it. Are there any suggestions on a company to deal with, or what to look for when I actually decide to purchase the swap. Any help would help. Thanks.

hey there...i too just got a 96 paseo last week and want to beef it up alittle bit...its got only 62K on it so i was wondering about the options i might have...

*would it be a reliable turbo car?

*It does have a iron block so how much boost can the block handle?

*does anyone make forge iron pistons for them?

*what engine options do i have?

*the 4e-fte makes 130 hp right?

*how hard is the silver top 20V 4AGE swap into the paseo?

*I know about backyardproductions but i'm too far from them...

thanks much guys...

hey dohcter_yaj, are you hmong???

Anywayz, the 4A-GE is a swap that has been done before, but new motor mounts are required. From what I understand the easiest swap is the 4E-FTE. Just looking for places where I can get the engine for a reasonable price.

EP82, would the celica GT4 (Isn't that the 3s-gte) fit into the Paseo. The engine bay is pretty small. That would be a lot of custom work. If I could drop that into my paseo without all that work, goddamn, i would be running like 11s. Paseos are only 2200 lbs.

Here's a link to a paseo club.

Paseo Pimp lots of information there.

Hey where were you guys when i was asking if anyone had a Paseo?!!!

Anyway you're best bet for any mechanical q's is to check out the PaseoPIMP message boards.

My screename there is uk97paseo, catch you over there.

:)

Red 97 Paseo Si

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey where were you guys when i was asking if anyone had a Paseo?!!!

Anyway you're best bet for any mechanical q's is to check out the PaseoPIMP message boards.

My screename there is uk97paseo, catch you over there.

:)

Red 97 Paseo Si

not being funny m8 but when i went to www.paseopimp.com, all I found was a site full of ladies showing their boobies! Not complainin mind but I still aint got any info on my paseo!

the link to Paseopimp was over 6 years ago mate - not sure if the group still exists or not somewhere else on the interweb !

hi im a new member!! i gotta 1.5si paseo with the 5efe engine. ive looked into an engine conversion and the starlet 1.3 turbo is a good easy and fairly straight swap and will take the bhp to about 180 max!!

135hp for the unmodified Starlet GT turbo lump versus the 98ish from the 5E-FE.

The 4EFTE has plenty of tuning potential though - much more than the 5s - so 200+ is easily reachable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, not long had a 96 paseo si and am chuffed with it :D

My first question has been answerd and iv decided to get some 16s thumbsup.gif

But also i wanted to put a square number plate to one side on the front bumper but,

i have two holes behind my number plate..

It looks like toyota put these holes there, is this the case with other paseo front bumbers

only problem is im still trying to get the jist of fiberglassing over them

if some one could briefly explain how to eliminate those holes that would be fantastic!

:band:

A 3SGTE conversion would be a mammoth task with astronomical amounts of money involved.

Its been done on a few Starlets before but its not an easy job.

4EFTE swap has been done a few times on Paseo's so you know its possible and it would involve less work and money.

Starlet Turbo lump will push 300bhp with the right setup, however it'll still cost alot.

• 7 months later...

Hello guys,

im a newly joined and i own a paseo 96 model.

at the moment it runs on the standard 4efe engine and i've add a cone air filter to it some months back.

as no i spent alot of times reading about general topic on this forum and other relevant forums over internet, i've relized that the way i installed the air filter is wrong. i will try to post a photo of the current engine bay and i hope you guys will not laugh at it. :)

glad to meet you all.

--

Praveen

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys,

at the moment it runs on the standard 4efe engine and i've add a cone air filter to it some months back.

as no i spent alot of times reading about general topic on this forum and other relevant forums over internet, i've relized that the way i installed the air filter is wrong. i will try to post a photo of the current engine bay and i hope you guys will not laugh at it. :)

glad to meet you all.

--

Praveen

Is your car a jap import, or has someone fitted a starlet 1.3 (4 E-FE) engine as the 1.5 engine is a 5E-FE

mike

• 3 months later...
Hello guys,

glad to meet you all.

--

Praveen

Is your car a jap import, or has someone fitted a starlet 1.3 (4 E-FE) engine as the 1.5 engine is a 5E-FE

mike

hi mike, it is a japanese import. and it came with a 4efe engine. can you show me some pics for the right way of fixing the corn air filter if you can.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links