Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts V's Ctr

Knoxville

Hope your joking ;)

No way is A/C going to affect a cars 0-60 time by 0.5 seconds. The CTR is much better 0-100 since 0-60 needs 3rd gear anyway, which goes to show that 6.4 seconds & having to use 3rd to hit it aint too bad really.....as long as its not too wet and using Bridgestone RE040's ;) :)

sorry i disagree with ya a/c do affect the acceleretion on any motor vehicle just like automatic transmisson does :)

A/C does sap some power, but come on, 0.5 seconds off 0-60? lol I think the ambient air temperature will have more of an effect on the cars performance that A/C being on.

Also, you wont find that many CTRs that have A/C fitted. At a £1200 optional extra not many are willing to pay that much. The 30 AE model has it as standard though.

As for weight thats not worth condsidering really. It weighs in at just less than 20kg. When u consider one driver might weigh 9 stone, another 15 stone its a pointless argument and one u wouldnt notice on the road ;) Not to mention some people load there boots full of ICE etc.

And in any case, im sure everyone would turn off there A/C for that HUUUUGE power increase they would get by switching it off to race ;) :P

Ive no probs with the CTS, i just choose the CTR cos its what i preferred. A standard car that handled and performed well without the need to modify bits to keep up with the rest of the pack. ;)

CTR is a very good car in terms of engine and handling but

I think it is way behind CTS in terms of accesories. At least in

my country greece the CTR comes without EDS, antispin, A/C, and

radio-CD It also has only 2 airbags and it costs 2k pounds more than

CTS. So if I had to choose between both of them it would be an easy choice.

T128,

OPnly just read the post, don't ahve any enemies on here mate, all friendly...

I only meant to point out that with Insurance saying how much you pay these days needs more info as the area you live, age, driving history etc can make a vvery large difference to the cost....

As to posting more than me :D well.... :D :D :D :D

just done 500miles of running in now the fun starts i have been on the lift zone all the times now when i floor it i always have the windows open to hear the sound

the whole car sounds wicked on the lift zone and yes jps3290 i have modify the suspenion as you put it only way i can stay with a ctr round bends is to have suspension lower but i dont look at it as modify more of a upgrade i do not claim i can beat a ctr i never have done i know i will keep up with a ctr in a race and they wont shake me off doesn't matter what anyone says :) :) :)

hi rhaines

enemies ?????what enemies you are my best friend on here :P :lol:

CTR is a very good car in terms of engine and handling but

I think it is way behind CTS in terms of accesories. At least in

my country greece the CTR comes without EDS, antispin, A/C, and

radio-CD It also has only 2 airbags and it costs 2k pounds more than

CTS. So if I had to choose between both of them it would be an easy choice.

I agree the CTR does not come with many accesories, but are any really needed?

A/C is nice but over in the North of England (Newcastle) its too cold to need A/C most of the year ;)

Traction control is not really necessary, better driving skills would sort that out and using the accelerator properly rather than an on/off switch is all thats needed unless you drive a F1 car :P . Its true the CTR does suffer badly in the wet from wheel spin, but trust me this is all down to the Potenza's. Stick some Toyo T1 Proxies of Federals SS595s and its a different car all together.

Uk CTR comes with 2 airbags and rather large side impact bars and CD/Radio player, EBD,EPS,ABS etc.

Thing is, people are buying the CTS then spending money on suspension mods/upgrades to improve the handling, CTR doesnt need this. More money went into how the car actually drivers rather than how comfortable the driver is with A/C etc ;)

Buts its agreed both are great cars and with the correct mods the CTS can keep up easily. Im just comparing standard v standard.

Engine, gearbox & handling as standard is why i bought the CTR. :P :D

Im wanting to mod it now though...Magnex cat back system is already on..what next though? hmmm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links