Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More More More!

Demonic Angel

I normally get about 300-330 miles to a tank in my 1.3 T-Spirit, which I think is very good, but I was amazed at the weekend with how much I exactly got out of her!

I filled up at home and went to Rugby, picked up my mate and off we went to Wales, 125 miles... then off to Chippenham which was 50 miles.

When I left home it was showing 300 miles, and it was on 125 as I was leaving Chippenham, so I thought, I'll fill her up again as I had another 125 miles to go back home.

So I did - and the range sat at 370 miles! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm just so amazed that 175 miles of motorway driving has increased the efficiency by that much!

Put it this way - I might be doing bigger journeys more often if I get that sort of range - I was gobsmacked! :D :D

Plus it did her the world of good too - and she was marvellous throughout! I was so proud of her beings as all she does is 6 miles a day! :thumbsup: Now over 3800 miles in 10 months! :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Thats quite good ....... did you get lost on the way to wales?

It's true what one fellow TOCer said 'high revs once in a while does increase the effeciency of the engine' :thumbsup: !

You only got a bigger range thingy cos you were doing alot of motorway driving, its not like the engine has just got super efficient overnight! :thumbsup:

yeah, motorway driving is the most efficient because the engine generally maintains a constant load and rev...

but hey, tis all good to stretch the legs of a car once in a while...

Thats quite good ....... did you get lost on the way to wales?

It's true what one fellow TOCer said 'high revs once in a while does increase the effeciency of the engine'  :thumbsup: !

No, I am super directional goddess now! :lol:

And I know its not got super efficient overnight - I'm not that much of a girl! :lol: But I just thought it was pretty cool and its really given me the confidence to do more!

But with my best mate in Wales now, looks like I will be anyway regardless! :thumbsup:

Yes, the range feature is calculated using the average mpg and mph figures. The better your mpg, the better your range.

In my P1 1.0 Yaris I once reset the mpg on the move then carried on at an average of 40mph or so (in Wales as it happens!).

Got 60mpg out of her.

Nothing wrong with long journeys at all IMO :)

I've done 30 miles in the Blue today..went to work & take the no-traffic route which is 14 miles, then left work & went straight through to Lakeside..filled up with Petrol and average MPG was 45.3! Also had to go to B & Q to get some vouchers for my Dad's Birthday and then back home...4 miles ;) Range showed 370 miles (give or take a few) too after filling up :)

Can't fault it!

Yes, the range feature is calculated using the average mpg and mph figures. The better your mpg, the better your range.

In my P1 1.0 Yaris I once reset the mpg on the move then carried on at an average of 40mph or so (in Wales as it happens!).

Got 60mpg out of her.

Yeah, its just so smart to be able to recalculate like that!

I've never done that amount of motorway driving before, on the way back it was the Fosse Way, which probably didnt do much good as it was all stop and start, but still, am incredibly impressed and I'm aiming to get it higher! :thumbsup:

i never see that kind of effiecenty lol

em, you can go from brighton to blackpool on one tank of petrol in a TSPORT , still had like 50 miles or sommat showing when he got there, didnt ya charlie

Well put it this way Matt, now I've got this confidence boost, I plan on attending a few northern meets in the future - although I doubt I can go Brighton to Blackpool - what is that, like 4-5 hours driving?

Saying that I managed 2 1/2 hours with no problems, just a slight stiff neck! :thumbsup:

And I was determined to do it and I did - and all on my own as well, without any back seat drivers!

Oooh and I passed my 10 months! My curse is over! (Touch wood!) :D :D

this is SPAM & EGGS. SPEGGS! im closing this topic due to you get more miles per gallon than me :lol: damn i wish i could get over 30mpg :(

this is SPAM & EGGS. SPEGGS! im closing this topic due to you get more miles per gallon than me :lol: damn i wish i could get over 30mpg :(

Drive like me and you can..... :thumbsup:

And believe it or not I dont drive like a total granny! :lol::lol: I had my foot down and everything! :lol:

....foot down on the floor tapping along to your favourite song while someone pushed the car? :P thats cheating :P Not being funny but isnt this kind of exactly the same as the other post bout MPG just your personal version :P

Sounds like your being funny to me! :lol:

Yeah well in a way it is, but it isnt - my car doesnt do much mileage so its kinda a big deal when she does and I thought 370 miles was worth shouting about! :thumbsup: Cause I never get that sort of mileage! :thumbsup:

I just wish i had my car already! :P Its going to be such a good first car as even some of the worst MPG's from non tsports are good! But yeah congrats on your new found MPG :D

I just wish i had my car already! :P Its going to be such a good first car as even some of the worst MPG's from non tsports are good! But yeah congrats on your new found MPG :D

Thank you kindly! :D :thumbsup: They are great little cars!

man..... my gas guzzling straight-six gets more than 30mpg... and thats even when i'm pushing it... :rolleyes:

yeah but my little shopping trolly of a 1.5 is quicker than your gas guzzling straight 6. 0-60 im not far behind a tte charged one :lol:

about 200bhp, 0-60 7.5 secs 140mph...

i can pull 7.5/7.8 :P go it was a hot car though

Now now boys, lets not fight! :thumbsup: And if you must - at least fight over something more worthwhile than numbers.... :thumbsup:

I'm all up for being fought over! :lol::lol: :D

if you keep your speed constant, e.g 70mph and you keep your foot there and plan well in advance to overtake trucks etc thats when you get good MPG

If you keep changing your speed, then encomy suffers a bit

Now now boys, lets not fight!  :thumbsup: And if you must - at least fight over something more worthwhile than numbers....  :thumbsup:

I'm all up for being fought over!  :lol:  :lol:  :D

why would me and ian fight over you? when we could ALL get along togeather if you know what i mean ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links