Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Those Scams Seem To Be Going Backwards

sotal

Just got this scam email sent to me, I normally don't read them but for some reason this one got past the junk mail filter. I doubt it is from London, but I just thought it was strange if it was from london as it was asking for foreigners to come forword to claim some money:

Mr. Mike Reals.

99, Queen's Road Central,

E13 5TY, East London,

United Kingdom.

Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Mike Reals of Halifax Investment Bank, London.  On July 6, 2004, our client Mr. Mike Hall, a businessman, made a numbered fixed deposit for 6 (six) calendar months, with a value of US$45 Million only with this bank. Upon maturity six Months later, several notices where sent to him and no response came from him. A final Maturity Notice on his investment was sent early February and still no response came from him.

The Bank officially sent a two-man delegate to his residence and his official address as stated in his confidential file with the bank, only to find out that the business mogul and his family perished in the Tsunami disaster. A confirmation of the death of Mike Hall and his wife can be seen via the link below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4153821.stm

After further investigations, it was also discovered that Mr. Mike Hall did not declare any next of kin in his official papers apart from his wife who also died in the disaster, including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he visited my office that no one apart from his wife and me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Forty Five million United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it, that I know for sure.

According to the laws of the United Kingdom, at the expiration of one year (1 year) without any transaction on the account, the funds will revert to the ownership of Government if nobody applies for claim of the funds. I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Mr. Mike Hall to enable you receive the funds. Let’s put heads together to see how we can transfer these funds out of this country and use it judiciously.

I have contacted an Attorney that will prepare the necessary documents that will back you up as the next of kin to Mr. Mike Hall. All that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your full names and Address including your direct phone and fax numbers for my Attorney to commence his job.

My Attorney will also file in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letters of probate in your favour for the funds to be moved to an account that will be provided by you. We are going to adopt a legalized method and the Attorney will prepare all the necessary documents and no risk will be involved.

I am offering you 25% of the total sum for your assistance and partnership in this deal. Note, this is negotiable by both parties, so if this is not ok with you, let me know what sharing ratio you would want, if it is ok with me, we can go ahead.

Contact me immediately with your full names, address, occupation, personal and direct fax and telephone number if you are interested to do this business with me and more details will be provided to you about the Project.

Best Regards,

Mike Reals.

========================================

This email and its content are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules.

If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

It even calls me a foreigner!!! Cheeky git

I think the worst thing though is that they are using the details of what seems to be a genuine family who dies in the tsunami. That's just cruel :censor:

Totally agree with you!

Email the ***** back and say that he should donate it ALL to the Tsunami Disaster fund!

That's if it's true?

People these days :ffs: !

I just got this one:

You have added badcristian@gmail.com as a new email address for your

Peoples Bank account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account,

please contact Peopls Bank customer service at:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For

assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the header of

any page.

--------------------------------------

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD NEVER give your password to anyone and ONLY log in at

https://www.paypal.com/. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a

new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL

every time you log in to your account.

-------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP694182

Funny how it was sent to my work email address, and not the one i use for paypal huh?

Paypal usually address you by name and not 'paypal user' i think.... also if I ever get any I either ignore them... or log into paypal by going to my IE... and not via a link of theirs... same with any email that looks like it isnt a total fake.. always better safe than sorry I figure :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links