Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Graveyard

Leeky

I dont expect you all to understand :P :lol:

Only people like myself and Charlie (Karma Supra) would see beauty past the rust :lol:

Im sure if i had all 9 i could make at least 2 or 3 complete ones ;)

would be ace to do a filmed restoration from the knckers yard to back on the road!

I do understand the desire to restore otherwise i wouldnt have bought a 22 and 16 year old car ;)

But they look past it- you have to at least have a good base to start with - if the whole chassis is rusted and every pillar and panel - i wouldnt bother

**Damn sotal will you stop stealing words from my head! :lol:

T x

:lol:

I know, your both right but i hate to see classics just left to waste :thumbsup:

**Damn sotal will you stop stealing words from my head!  :lol: 

Must be thinking along the same lines this morning :lol: I've got a 31 year old motorbike which I'm restoring but if it looked anything like them I wouldn't have touched it!

@Leeky - You must be a nightmare at a scrapyard, you'd want to take the whole lot home! It would be like DA at a cats home :lol::thumbsup:

I dont expect you all to understand  :P  :lol:

Only people like myself and Charlie (Karma Supra) would see beauty past the rust  :lol:

Im sure if i had all 9 i could make at least 2 or 3 complete ones  ;)

If you can see past the rust you'll be able to see the ground because there's nothing else. It's a shame but it's a harsh world we live in

Ooo. Whats the bike Sotal?

***That'll be the Dt175 in your avatar siggy I'm guessing. D'oh!

Yep 1974 DT 175, it's coming along slowly just got everything ready to rebuild the motor, placed the rings on the piston and thought the top one was a bit tight so I took it out and cleaned up the grove for about half an hour, put it all together and still thought it was a little tight but thought oh well I'll give it a go, put the whole engine together loosely everything fitted and worked as it was supposed to, so I stripped it down again to put he new gaskets on and the ring is stuck in the piston!! :ffs: Now I can't get the bugger out.

Other than that I've restored the main frame parts ready for the lump to be dropped in, and the wheels are ready following that it's just the mudgaurds, and tank which need to be stripped down to bare metal and resprayed then just all the little fiddly parts

You got any ideas for getting the ring out?? I had this problem when I got the bike. The piston had been sitting in the barrell for about 30 years without moving. So it took me days to get the piston out! I ended up baking it in the oven for an hour then belting it through. Managed to get it out with only minor damage to one of the fins on the barrell - then I had to cut the old rings out as they were well and truly seized in. Then I spent months tracking down the exact rings as they made loads of variations (and I didn't want to spend much!) then I've gone and got it stuck! I'll try the oven again it probably isn't stuck too bad theres just no way of getting any leverage on it to flick it out

Awesome cars.. (no fastback though :crybaby: ) But they are pretty far gone :(

I reckn the way to go about doing up one of those is to import to from the arid areas of Aus... they love them out there, and they won't be as rusty!!

Then drop in a 1G-GTE :D

Remember the one at the Nurburgring Easter Toyota meet??? :drool::drool::drool:

so so upsetting

i was watching a old deal on wheels the other day, they had a mint gen3 celcia me thinks goin for £500, it was bout 8 years ago though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links