Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bigger Injectors

sparco_blues

Whats the deal with injectors, is it worth putting in larger ones, i have the 4efe engine and know a few people with starlets with the same engine that have increased the size of their injectors, would this be worth doing, anyone on here tried? Also does anyone know what size come on the 4efe?

cheers :D

absolutely no point at all unless you increase the engines ability to burn more fuel through tuning.

edit: other than if worn.

wouldnt the power boost valve do that or are u meaning chippin it and tuning it?

No point in putting bigger injectors in unless you can force more air in too. To get the fuel air mixture to burn properly it has to be the correct ratio by putting in bigger injectors alone you would upset that mixture ratio and end up running very rich. you could of course then fit a fuelling computer to cut down on the amount of fuel injected so that you get the right mixture again but you'll end up paying a lot of money and getting nothing out at the end.

To force more air in you are going to need a turbocharger or supercharger but that's a completely different question.

i had a cosworth(sierra saff) which was my first rally car, that had bigger injectors much bigger (fords are colour coded blue grey etc) and theres no point unless you use it for motorsport. after all the tuning big turbo, uprated injectors etc the car was doing 7 mpg , which was fine for 15 mile stages. but doing that to your roadcar what kill me in the pocket. got a nice pop out the back when taking your foot of the gas, overfueled nice

sod it do it :lol::fear:

u could have seen me, im down that way a fair bit :D

was just wondering about the injectors, thasta all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links