Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Credit History Repair?

Jamesb4uk

I've been checking my Credit History online & i knew it was poor anyways but this just showed me why i was recently turned down for a loan.

it seems to all be credit applications made at the begining of the year when i was shopping around for a replacement car to the Cynos but never actually accepted one.

all of my payments are made on time but i've gone over my over draft for the past 3 months apart from this month,

Also i've just started my 3rd job this year which wouldn't have helped :rolleyes:

now my question is, how do i get my credit score up to a more respectable level?

J

I would say Credit card, but they can be evil, evil things....

I got into trouble with mine, and my bank just kept raising my credit limit.

I've learned my lesson, and needless to say, I don't use my card anymore, except for one monthly payment (!Removed! AOL - why can't they just do Direct debits!).

Where did you find your credit history? Be interesting to see what mine is now.

Equifax have a web site where you can check your credit history and scoring etc.

It costs about £10 to do it on line or you can send off for it for £2.

Just checked my score online for free. Did a google search, and you can get it from the "British Information" website.

It only gives a rough idea though.

I got mine from Experian

Well the thing is that i've never had a cedit card, just a debit card.

Some people say leave it 6 months to a year of good credit management.

J

Ironically you are seen as a bad credit risk if you HAVE NOT HAD ANY CREDIT CARDS OR LOANS - Sounds weird but if you have NO track record of repayments then companies don't know that you can be trusted to repay them on time regularly.

Short term there is NOT a thing you can do to improve your rating NO MATTER what a daytime TV advert tells you.........

Gordys right, the only way to get a good rating is actually to have credit, and shown you can pay it off...

I checked my credit rating with Experian a few months ago - and its flawless, but to be honest I'm staying away from all things credit, I've learnt my lesson with it, so I'd rather just pay it all off and owe nothing to no-one - well apart from Northern Rock! :P

Starting your third job in a year may be a factor.... as they want to see you're in stable employment as well.... a lot of places wont lend you if you've not been in your job 6 months....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links