Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Monstertruck Ts

vladrulli

the :censor: snow came early this year...

had to react fast and get me a nice set of winter tires... went to a dealer and he made me an offer I could not refuse... got a set of great brand new tires for almoast half the regular price... the only drawback is that they are HUGE... :D

wintoy1.jpg

wintoy2.jpg

wintoy3.jpg

the good thing is that there is almost no scraping! the rear wheels do touch the plastic when going over small pumps at high speed but that is very minor and should stop after I take out the rear seat... :) the front does not scrape at all if I take it easy in the turns... the only problem is the speed pumps - have to go very slowly over them which is probably a good thing anyways... ;)

Wow they are big! Wish it was snowing here! tis good to see snow as got me more in festive mood :P But yeah i think they look kind of kool in a weird way!

I would have thought the speedo is done in a way so that it doesnt affect it. Im not sure but surely otherwise every time you have your tyres slightly changed it would get out of sync?

yeah... the speedo should get a bit screwed but not that much... will probably show 10% less or something like that...

I was planing on getting 185/55 or 185/60 tires but these are 195/65... :) but I don't think this size would not cause any problems on normal Yaris... this one is a 30mm lowered TS so it's a bit tight... :)

the good thing is that there is absolutelly no space for any sludge to setle in the wells - the tires scrape it all out at once... :D

Hey

If your worried about the speedo!

When your speedo says 70mph it will be going 75.99 mph!

Thats if your speedo was spot on anyway!!

CB :thumbsup:

There is no way those yres should be on that car.. no way whatso ever.. i'm sorry, but they are just too big. I wouldn't have fitted them to a costomers car at work, and the tyre fitter who fitted yours should have advised you against it. Any rubbing or scraping.. no matter how minor.. is dangerous.. the tyres can heat up and blow out.

don't they screw your speedo though? :blink:

Be the last thing on your mind, trying to keep that little bundle on the road would be tricky enough!

is that a legal requirement and i agree with dave they are far too big!

Im surprised those front tyres even fitted on looking at that pic!!!! surely you can notice it when you drive? and yeah didnt you think to ask for a smaller size? :P you sure he didnt just want to charge you more so sold you biggest ones he could shoehorn in :P They look strangely cool but surely its impossible to drive!

there is no scrubbing what so ever... only when I hit a pump or go over a speed-pump at high speed... the Vogtland springs are firm so there is not much up and down motion on the car... I did notice that they tend to scrub a bit when I'm plowing through uneven snow :D

the car handles very well and is now much softer than it was on the 16" low profiles...

as i've said I orginally wanted 185/60r15 tyres but these were the smallest ones I could get from that dealer... he did not know what car these tyres would be fitten on so he could not advice me on the size or anything like that... I knew from the start that they were going to be pretty big but I didn't think it would be such a close call... :)

on motorways there is absolutely no problems at all and the tyres never hit the car... it only happens when driving at residential areas where there is lots of uneven snow and ice on the road... so it's shouldn't be as dangerous as some people think... ;)

Keep a close eye on them.. things can happen quite suddenly.

That looks monster monster.

Now all you need is a few crapy old cars to drive over.

I would pick some saxo's they're old and crapy. lol

Flipping heck! I thought my winter tyres were pretty serious in the tread pattern, but they're nothing on those!

Erm, well, good luck...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links