Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drawn To The Dark Side

Aphelion

Thats me traded in my CTS (02) have had 3 good years driving it, but mileage and some bad luck with it meant i had to move on.

Quite happy with what i got, Megane Sport 225 Trophy, there was no chance i was ever going to pay 20k for the CTS Compresssor, just isn't value for money, put it this way for another 3K you could pickup a Golf R32, the Focus ST was just too far to wait for as well as the Golf GTI (4-6 month waiting list)

Even now i miss the engine mainly, nothing realy beats the buzz of doing 8200 revs, something special in my book, just always bugged me was the sloppy handling of the car, apart from that it was the best car for me out at the time.

Be interested to see a comparison style write up, if you have time in a few weeks. Always nice to see how the tsport compares.

Very Nice Indeed. I like the look of those Meganes. 225bhp and should be easy to get a fair bit more. Seem to handle well too. I notice that every magazine has put the Focus at the top of the tree, apart from EVO who I respect for their lean towards handling in a car. They put the Golf at the top. Maybe it's Badge snobbery there though as they're always testing Astons. Porshe's etc. Seems that the order is 1)Golf/Focus 3)Megane/Astra with the T-Sport Compressor lagging way behind. Anyway, I appear to have gone way off topic - sorry!

I really wish you the best of luck with your new car, but my experiences of Renaults in the past has been nothing short of shocking. A quick glance at the odd owners reviews tell the story.

http://www.carsurvey.org/modelyear_Renault_Megane_2003.html

and that is a small taster, loads of other sites back this up. Just seems a lot of money to put on the line thats all. I hope its faultless for you though.

I definatly know that the Renault is not bullet proof, i realy hope for reliablity also.

I think Generaly Toyotas are higher quality cars, i just had a nightmare with the last two models i had, just seemed right to jump ship, the Starlet (Made in Japan) that i had 7 Years back was sooooo reliable that encourage the company to buy the last series corolla and then my CTS

I know that within the next year or 18 months toyota will be back with the next corolla and this one will be a peach, just gutted that toyota do everthing as a knee ***** reaction to what honda do, the new corolla was due for the start of the year but they shelved it.

must say i love the new Yaris and the Aygo, if these are an indication of the direction Toyota is moving then i think they will do well with the next generation of CTS.

I think you've made a very adventurous decision but one I've pondered for next years car! I really like the Megane 225 Trophy - looks very mean! :arrgg-matey: Loads of extras and creature comforts too which is good (although I have to admit the T Sport has most of these (bar the half leather seats, 6 CD chhanger, auto lights...)

I think you've made a very adventurous decision but one I've pondered for next years car! I really like the Megane 225 Trophy - looks very mean!  :arrgg-matey:  Loads of extras and creature comforts too which is good (although I have to admit the T Sport has most of these (bar the half leather seats, 6 CD chhanger, auto lights...)

Thnx for that

Was a realy tough task finding a similar spec car to the CTS, i always thought that the CTR was far too stripped back and like you say at least you get all the toys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links