Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Right Then Chaps And Chapettes...

Karma Supra

I have a Blitz Stainless mesh air filter that needs a clean its a bit oily and mucky.... I was going to clean it with petrol and an air duster, or maybe some thinners.... anyone got any better ideas????

Ta!

Charlie

Ello trouble!! You plucked up the courage and said hi then :P

Cheers Guys (Rob, say what?? sounds like you could get very high off it!!!)

Carb cleaner then Petrol, brushed off with an air duster (closest I have to an air line :()

Sounds Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...

Milly can have her HKS one that I "borrowed" back now :!Removed!:

tri-chlor-ethy-lene

worlds most awesome degreaser, could have sent me what you wanted cleaning and basically it gets immeubikd in a 'hot cloud' of it for a few seconds and any dirt, grime or grease is just disintergrated, leaving nice shiney metal :)

yes you can get very high off it, one of the operators was using the heat to melt the bottoms of vender plastic cups and sticking them to the wall in pretty paterns

spent too long next to it and one of the ther lads went in to find him slumped at the side passed out from the fumes, and he couldnt see properly for a few hours! nutter.

but its damn good stuff, got plenty of engine bits to get in there etc over the winter

tri-chlor-ethy-lene

worlds most awesome degreaser, could have sent me what you wanted cleaning and basically it gets immeubikd in a 'hot cloud' of it for a few seconds and any dirt, grime or grease is just disintergrated, leaving nice shiney metal :)

yes you can get very high off it, one of the operators was using the heat to melt the bottoms of vender plastic cups and sticking them to the wall in pretty paterns

spent too long next to it and one of the ther lads went in to find him slumped at the side passed out from the fumes, and he couldnt see properly for a few hours! nutter.

but its damn good stuff, got plenty of engine bits to get in there etc over the winter

It is amazing stuff. When I was a youngster, my Dad used to clean my airbrush bottles with the stuff when I'd been lazy and let paint dry in them. Most impressive was a paintbrush that had dried paint in it and came out like a new one!

Oh, one slight little snag.... it's carcinogenic.

Also found this on the Interweb...

Drinking or breathing high levels of trichloroethylene may cause nervous system effects, liver and lung damage, abnormal heartbeat, coma, and possibly death.

Used to be used in liquid paper and the bottles of thinners were trichloroethylene.

its already been banned :yes:

but industy can still use it to the end of 2006 or so i think?

Not up to speed on my H & S though others on here would prob know. Those heaters that caused a mist above a trike tank were impressive but if the cooling system failed.... run!

Oh and back on topic.... as the others said, use petrol.

Edited by Al J

tri-chlor-ethy-lene

It is amazing stuff. When I was a youngster, my Dad used to clean my airbrush bottles with the stuff when I'd been lazy and let paint dry in them. Most impressive was a paintbrush that had dried paint in it and came out like a new one!

Oh, one slight little snag.... it's carcinogenic.

Also found this on the Interweb...

Drinking or breathing high levels of trichloroethylene may cause nervous system effects, liver and lung damage, abnormal heartbeat, coma, and possibly death.

Used to be used in liquid paper and the bottles of thinners were trichloroethylene.

Used to be used in the DryCleaning Industry until it got itself banned. Was good , but I don't think that anyone is using it now. Too Dangerous :eek:

Put it in the dish washer :yes:

Seen how clean it gets stainless steel pans :thumbsup:

Ya know..... I actually thought about that!!!!

However my mother looked irate enough to see it in the kitchen sink.... so I decided it was a bad idea....

I did put a spanner in it the other day.... it cleaned it up a treat :D

I don't want next months food tasting of 7M-GTE though :(

Not up to speed on my H & S though others on here would prob know. Those heaters that caused a mist above a trike tank were impressive but if the cooling system failed.... run!

Oh and back on topic.... as the others said, use petrol.

thats the one :)

about 6inch of it in the bottom of a huge tank with hotplates in the bottom

heat it to 75 degrees and the 'cloud of doom' as we call it rises to about a foot of the brim where three condensors are sat, and subsequently cool it back down and allow it to fall back to the bottom

if you fell in it you wouldnt last long, i actually caught my hand very very breifly on the uttermost edge of the cloud, instantaneous (but very mild) burning to my skin! made it tingle all day long but nothing serious! :wacko:

but yes if the condensor failed then.... leg it! but i think its got fail safes for that and theres an extraction system above it

sounds like a cool machine,

anyway put it in the dishwasher when your mums out, ive put samco hoses in before while shes out, and the rav seats covers went thru the wash on the quiet too, failing that soak in petrol or red diesel as its cheaper and blow out with an air line/duster

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links