Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lest We Forget...

Caz SR

I think it important for us not to forget our British identity.I fought in the Falklands war and lost many comrades down there.I also think alot about the old boys who fought and died for this country over both world wars and conflicts ever since.I wonder if they would be proud of the way this country has turned out!I feel like throwing up when councils ban the people using the term xmas because it might offend someone..i think these people are total :censor: This country has welcomed people all over the world who wish to come and live here,i say if you live here you abide by our way of life and as i would if i lived abroad.I am starting to despair at the way this country is going..tax on this..extra tax on that! got a conservatory that,ll be an extra £50! sea view £100!!

tomorrow i will be at a rememberance service and pay my respects and also say a silent sorry to our dead heroes for the way the country is at the moment.

I find it incredible that people have posted here to say that they have been unable / not allowed to observe the silence at work. It's 2 minutes for ***** sake - whats the matter with your employers ?

Anyway I allowed it at work - most people were out of the building at the time but all those inside took part. We closed our phone lines and locked the public customer entrance door.

BTW - this thread has got me thinking if other countries also have a remembrance time - for example do the Germans remember their lost ones, I assume they must but it's not an angle I've considered before today. People still died regardless of the cause they were fighting for.

I think its wrong that people arent able to observe this... an email was sent around at our work yesterday saying that if we chose we would be supporteed in taking the 2 mins silence.... and so everyone did... as SMW said.. its only 2 mins... not long at all, but it shows respect.

I wasn't at work yesterday, but I'm sure they did the silence - I know our Directors are always keen to oversee things like that - they always remind us to do them.

Saying that, I think its important to remember the people who fought in the wars, not just once a year, but more than that, so as long as you are thinking about them as you write in this thread, then you've still done your bit, even if your employer didnt let you at 11am yesterday. :yes:

I agree that other religions festivals should be celebrated, everyone has the right to choose what they believe, the trouble nowadays is that people seem to be afraid of offending typically non-british religions. Why not help celebrate them all and help teach each other why a specific festival is important to that culture, theres room for everyone....

I agree totally with everything you have written above. :yes:

My Dad, who sadly died of cancer last year, was in WWII. He was a top bloke and a gentleman. He taught me much but probably most of all he taught me tolerance and understanding of others.

Remembering these people is very important!

These people where VERY brave ....... I can't imagine leaving my job to go off to be trained to fight for queen and country.

Young men would lie about their age to be able to join the army!

Not many people would do that if the situation arised today - They would more than likely want to get out of it!

Mind you my own opinion is that there isn't much left to fight about!

God rest the souls of the men and women and faught (sp) for the quality of life we have today :yes:

Wish i could shake the hands of many of the suvivors of such times after recently watching a documentry of what life 'could be like' <_< believe me, most people dont believe how good they have got it thanks to them!

and id espeically like to give a huge middle finger to all the muppets and idiots who have tried to sue the charity when their poppy pin stabbed them, boo &#33;Removed&#33; hoo! lets try mowing you down with a german machine gun see how you like that <_< eejits!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links