Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Gti Suspension

Gti-Racing

Hiya

Ive bought some Gmax shocks from Toymota, and was need to know weather Pi springs will fit? The rods are shortened to fit a drop of 25mm and 30mm, but will a 40mm drop set of springs fit on the shocks?

Thanks

shold do mate but make sure the bumpstops are in good condition as otherwise you may damage the shock by over compressing it

Well theyre brandnew and also i bought some spax bumpstops for it, anyways i spoke to a guy at our local tuning shop in cov and he goes it will fit, so thanks dawsey :thumbsup:

So as not to start a new topic on something very similar.

I am told that i can lower my corolla gti a small amount and keep the curren shocks in, is this right. Or is it better to just get a full kit?

cheers

IMO ur better to buy a whole kit, the shocks probably need replacing anyways sayin how the oldest Gtis are 18 years old with most being at least 15. springs on the tired standard shocks will most certainly shorten their life and end up compromising the handling in the medium to long term.... plus a full kit makes the car corner like its on rails.... :D

GARYMabbutsKnee - That good? your prob the 10th person whos said that gtis handle like ANIMALS when they are lowered! I cant WAAAAIT till friday as thats when im getting my Gmax shocks and pi springs fitted, and ive heard from various ppl that it will handle like a go cart once its dropped on gas struts but ive been trying to block the joy out as for me, just to have the suspension not clanging about is more then enough but to get GREAT handling......i cant WAIT!!

Sketchy i would go for the full kit mate, but im only saying this as ive tried not to go for the full kit as i didnt have the finances, but its not worth doing half job as the shocks will need replacing quite soon anyways, and its also quite an expensive job, i got quoted 190.00 from one place for whole car, but i found amobile mechanic wholl do it for 50.00 :D oh yeah and youll need the link arms on the back as the nuts will most likely have seized on them. at 13.00 each

Will let you know how it handles on saturday when i take my car to my local Race strip :yes:

it'll handle like a go-kart as long as u dont have wheels any larger than 16" on it...........preferably 15s. "less show more go"

it'll handle like a go-kart as long as u dont have wheels any larger than 16" on it...........preferably 15s. "less show more go"

How about with the standard 14" wheels?

ICE

Lucky me then cus ive got 14's with 195/60/14 and they weigh in at 12kgs instead of 15kgs as do the standards with 185/60/14 :D so yeah mine should DEFOZ go like a go kart! :D :D :D :D

BUT unfortunately im having to postpone my fitting of my suspension kit as the guys at tuning shop trying to pull a fast one on the price of the springs!! next week sometime now :(

Lucky me then cus ive got 14's with 195/60/14 and they weigh in at 12kgs instead of 15kgs as do the standards with 185/60/14 :D so yeah mine should DEFOZ go like a go kart! :D :D :D :D

BUT unfortunately im having to postpone my fitting of my suspension kit as the guys at tuning shop trying to pull a fast one on the price of the springs!! next week sometime now :(

Ahh. I have standard size wheels, but a lighter weight wheel too. Go-kart-tastic!!

ICE

Yeah Vanilla, i just got SICK and tired of big alloys with their low pro tires and that ROUGH ride, hate it!!! cus there is SOOO MANY speed humps round my ends! so thats why after 2 sets of 16"'s i reverted back to 14's and its awesome and feels lighter and more jumpey jumpey,

But i would get if you were you (as im guna get very soon) 205/60/14's for back and 185 or 195/60/14 for the front, as with wides on the back itll GRIPPP even in rain!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links