Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horn Mod&dash Lights Mod

eternity575

Ok..

so.. first mod.. the horn mod..

well.. the yaris is a great machine.. it handles well, drives well, and low cost.. BUT the minute you sound the horn.. well... dont get me wrong or something but GOD DAMN WHAT IS THAT SISSY HORN ABOUT? eeeeeeeeek.... like a small frog...

NO.. i dont want a la-cu-ca-racha horn installed... just a more intimidating one lol..

like in the subarus... or even the corrolas are better equipped..

anyhow.. could i just go buy a new horn and install (two wires? red/black)? or is it a relay thingie?

ok.. thats the first one..

the second one.. ive seen ppl here chaning their dash bulbs.. I WANT TOO! what bulbs should i get and where? tried searching.. too many posts for my old eyes to read..

oh well, this post is getting VERY long.. that is too a sign of getting old.. when u blab too much..

ill just shut up and go have my prune juice :yes:

cant answer the horn question im afriad as ive never looked into it, altho i know one or two on here have so im sure they will clear this up soon

as for dash lights, they are not replacements, just painted, you can get bulb paint from Halfords or simular store, they even have some on eBay - the current bulbs behind the dash just have what looks like green condoms on them, just lil rubber covers, pull them off, think chris said he used some metal thingie to give the bulb a slight ruff edge to them so that it took to the bulb - question him for more info :thumbsup:

just wanted to add..

if you guys want some laughs..

just type "car horn" on eBay.com

you wont belive the car horns people are selling..

a ROOSTER horn, an AH-OOGAH horn, even a TARZAN horn..

oh man.. thats so hilarious...

I don't have a problem with the horn on the Yaris, I know Kimi changed hers but she hasn't been around much recently...sure there are more that have done it though.

Go to a scrappy... yank out the horn you want from a car and plug it into yours! Simple connection i believe... nothing complicated.

You can buy Nautilus horns too over here... that where it spools and blows the windows out, or you can fit an electric air horn... sound like a truck!!

dunno if youve got them over there but get the twin tone horn from a Rover :yes:

got some on mine, sounds the monkeys bananas! better for saying hi to ya mates instead of the toy town pants thats there as std!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links