Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip Computer Anomaly

achown

The trip computer on my new 2 week old Yaris had a mad 5 minutes yesterday. The 'RANGE' display failed to reset after filling up. By the time I got home it informed me that I only had 4 miles left! I figured that turning it off would reset it, but on switching back on it advised me to 'do not run'. Holding down the 'trip' button allowed me to reset it, although it appeared that I was not able to reset it until the 'Do Not Run' message was received. I could not reset it until this point.

Is it anything to worry about or just one of those things that happens occasionaly?

Alan

The fuel tank range can be all over the shop.

I've currently got half a tank left according to the gauge on the dash, but the trip meter on the other display says I only have less than 60miles left!

Filling it to the brim can confuse it I've found, so I tend to put £30 in each time I fill up, and it seems to be alright then.

I've found as well - that a really long journey after lots of small ones, makes it correct itself.....

My range is now more aligned to the guage after that trip to Wales and back! :thumbsup:

I've found as well - that a really long journey after lots of small ones, makes it correct itself.....

My range is now more aligned to the guage after that trip to Wales and back!  :thumbsup:

that things rubbish, i always only fill up a £20 a time to keep it light. it never really has anyuthing accurate, like said, i too can have half a tank but only have 60 or so miles on the range. and it depends how the car is tilted.

Hmm, never had that message before altho I remember once i left home and had 3 miles or so to get to the BP filling station on the way to work..car said she had 10 miles left according to the range..got 1.5 miles there and it was down to 0!! we made it tho with no problem

I see you are from Romford, did you get your car from Toyota Gallows Corner? I got my previous Yaris T3 from there.

Hmm, never had that message before altho I remember once i left home and had 3 miles or so to get to the BP filling station on the way to work..car said she had 10 miles left according to the range..got 1.5 miles there and it was down to 0!! we made it tho with no problem

I see you are from Romford, did you get your car from Toyota Gallows Corner? I got my previous Yaris T3 from there.

Yep-From Gallows Corner-How has their after sales been?

Must be a P2 thing  :P !

When I have 2 bars left it's time to fill up for me ......... no count down in miles!

Your out-of-date car has no countdown?

How inferior....

:D :P ;)

When I have 2 bars left it's time to fill up for me ......... no count down in miles!

How inferior....

PMSL! :lol::lol:

How inferior....

PMSL! :lol::lol:

My P1 KICKS A**E

And you know it ........... your :censor: P2 have tear drop headlights because deep down inside it's crying because it want's to be a P1 :P !

Go buy yourself a real yaris - P1 all the way!

Don't have no range

Don't need no range

When car has done 280miles on tank... it gets another 40litres.

Jealous people get angry.... :yes:

Is that a shade of green I see Dave....  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Just can't win can I :( !

Women :P !

Men can never win against women sweetheart.... its one of those facts of life I'm afraid! :P

I can win.

I just accidently drop a Dairy Milk on the floor in the middle of an argument. Won instantly!

• 2 weeks later...
The trip computer on my new 2 week old Yaris had a mad 5 minutes yesterday. The 'RANGE' display failed to reset after filling up. By the time I got home it informed me that I only had 4 miles left! I figured that turning it off would reset it, but on switching back on it advised me to 'do not run'. Holding down the 'trip' button allowed me to reset it, although it appeared that I was not able to reset it until the 'Do Not Run' message was received. I could not reset it until this point.

Is it anything to worry about or just one of those things that happens occasionaly?

Alan

Hello, the same happened to me, or better, to my six months old Yaris. I asked Toyota service for advice and they told me to make reset - in spite of the fact that instructions for use of Yaris gave only two items that are resettable - average speed and average fuel consumption. However, they did it and I hope I will manage after next filling up as well.

By the way, did you hear "beep" after pressing the button TRIP with the computer switched to RANGE? (I tried to make reset of RANGE on my own before I went

to Toyota service but nothing happened - neither "beep" nor reset:-(( Average fuel consumption and average speed were resettable very easily...

Alan

Hello, the same happened to me, or better, to my six months old Yaris. I asked Toyota service for advice and they told me to make reset - in spite of the fact that instructions for use of Yaris gave only two items that are resettable - average speed and average fuel consumption. However, they did it and I hope I will manage after next filling up as well.

By the way, did you hear "beep" after pressing the button TRIP with the computer switched to RANGE? (I tried to make reset of RANGE on my own before I went

to Toyota service but nothing happened - neither "beep" nor reset:-(( Average fuel consumption and average speed were resettable very easily...

I think when I tried to reset I got a message that said RESET NG or something like that, but it did not reset. It would only reset after I tried to set off with it showing the DO NOT RUN message. It seems OK since but i have not refilled yet.

:) hi ive never had any probs with my yaris nearly 4 years old now and the after sales at Gallows Corner ive found to be very good fill my car up £20 a week mostly and get about 230miles or more out of it x

Alan

I think when I tried to reset I got a message that said RESET NG or something like that, but it did not reset. It would only reset after I tried to set off with it showing the DO NOT RUN message. It seems OK since but i have not refilled yet.

But when I went to Toyota service my computer gave an information of RANGE of 118 km. So no message of DO NOT RUN could be seen. But - in spite of this, Toyota technician was able to make reset... I am curious what happen after the next filling up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just driven a Yaris as a courtesy car and was puzzled by the strange RANGE reading.

I tried resetting it on the way home and it didn't.

Eventually, I discovered that holding the TRIP button down while the RANGE is displayed with the ignition switched-on, but the engine NOT running did the trick and I got the message RESET OK.

Yep-From Gallows Corner-How has their after sales been?

Well at the time I didn't really like them, especially the Parts bit - they were rude and patronising! Turns out that is how the majority of dealers are :lol:. I got the Yaris Blue from Rayleigh Toyota and they seem better, but the only dealings I have had with them so far are the actual sale and the fact they put air-con on for free so not that much experience of them in a good way ;)

How inferior....

:D  :P ;)

Haha good comeback! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links