Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Corolla

nicksSR

i'm looking to change the head on my 1998 corolla sr from a 4afe head to a 4age head for perfomance gains! has anyone done this? how easy/hard? and how much different is the engine wiring loom? any help would be great! many thanks

i think it`ll fit you might wanna change block to for sake of it.dont know bout wiring??good exuse for some trottle boddies :rolleyes:

i'm looking to change the head on my 1998 corolla sr from a 4afe head to a 4age head for perfomance gains! has anyone done this? how easy/hard? and how much different is the engine wiring loom? any help would be great! many thanks

its a stright swap but you would need to get the ecu, and I dont know if the looms would be compatible or not but I think they are.

But you would be quicker changing the whole engine got mine for around £200.

If you are after performance though you would be better putting you money to a 4agze or wack a small turbo on your engine the fe head should be cool with a round a 6psi turbo.

isn't the block the same though? i thought that was the 4a code and the Fe/Ze was the head code!

the 4age was based on the 4afe block ok, but with a performance head hence the (g) instead of the (f). the pistons, rods, and crank are also different.

am i right in saying that a cammed 4age head will take the bhp around 150?

mine did,if id ported an polished and few other bit would have been more :P

do you have any ideas how much of a pain the wiring would be? also would i get away with just swapping the head or would i have to go for the whole engine?

so the wirings pretty basic? do you know of anywhere that would do a plan of what goes where and what joins what with the wires?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links