Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(!) Warning Light Stays On When Cold

mr_miller

Hi all,

I have a 02 TSport bought 4 months ago, and the (!) warning light in staying on in the morning this week. I'll drive along for a while and it will go out, or if i restart it may not stay on this time! The brakes are still as sharp as they usually are. I also tripled checked the handbrake was off.

Its the first week when temperatures have gone below -2C where I live.

I haven't had the car long, and am not really that mechanically minding so I'm guessing by the light its probably brake related, and I'm guessing that the Brake fluid may need changing as it has never been done, does this sound about right to others?

I haven't been home yet to check the book, so if its in there I'm sorry. And i'll ring the garage a bit later, as its due the 40,000 mile service in Jan.

Regards,

Mike.

that light could mean 1 of 3 things,

1st the fluid could be low

2nd the pads could be low

3rd the handbrake sensor could be sticking

so check fluid levles, if ok then start up and repetedley lift & lower the h/b lever & if that doesn't work check the pads.

any of these 3 things could mean the (!) light is on. :D

Hi all,

I have a 02 TSport bought 4 months ago, and the (!) warning light in staying on in the morning this week.  I'll drive along for a while and it will go out, or if i restart it may not stay on this time!  The brakes are still as sharp as they usually are.  I also tripled checked the handbrake was off.

Its the first week when temperatures have gone below -2C where I live. 

I haven't had the car long, and am not really that mechanically minding so  I'm guessing by the light its probably brake related, and I'm guessing that the Brake fluid may need changing as it has never been done, does this sound about right to others?

I haven't been home yet to check the book, so if its in there I'm sorry.  And i'll ring the garage a bit later, as its due the 40,000 mile service in Jan.

Regards,

Mike.

With the (!) light on at 40,000 miles there's a good chance the pads are worn out, top tip though, and a mistake many people make, if the fluid is low it's a sign of advanced pad wear, do not top it up, check the pads first, if the pedal is good you won't have a leak so don't worry, but when you replace the pads the fluid will come back up! and leak very corrosive brake fluid all over you paint work. The fluid should be changed at four yearly intervals due to water absorbsion. hope all that helps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links