Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Corolla Gti Help

karn

Hi all,

I've just sold my Peugeot 306 gti-6 so I can put a deposit down on a house, but now need a replacement car ASAP.

I've always wondered about a corolla gti, and so I thought I'd ask everyones opinions on them, and what to look out for when buying one.

Oh, I only have about £700 to spend, so that narrows down my search :lol:

Thanks

Karn

hi mate and welcome

good choice of car. they still show a lot of modern hot hatches a thing or two.

they do, being over 14 years old , have their problems (wont go into them here as they have been covered before and youll find them by doing a search on the forum) £700 should get a reasonable example.

enjoy

lee

Cheers Lee,

I might go and have a look at this one:

1991 H reg TOYOTA COROLLA 1.6 gti twin cam 16v, metalic black, 89,000 miles full service history, 10 months mot, 2 months tax, K&N induction kit, lowered 40mm, 17" alloys, average condition for the year

it's up for £700!!

I'll have a search around the forum, but was just wondering what the main things to look out for were?

Cheers Lee,

I might go and have a look at this one:

1991 H reg TOYOTA COROLLA  1.6 gti twin cam 16v, metalic black, 89,000 miles full service history, 10 months mot, 2 months tax, K&N induction kit, lowered 40mm, 17" alloys, average condition for the year

it's up for £700!!

I'll have a search around the forum, but was just wondering what the main things to look out for were?

Sounds like a bargin,most ae92 have starship miles,well at least 100,000 on um.just beware of the rust !!

ah, it's fate - you change from a 306 GTI-6 to a 'rolla, i go the other way round!

aallll you need to do is up your budget by £1000!

.....ok, may be it won't work :crybaby:

here here...

£1000 POUNDS Is more than enough for a rolla gt/gti

congratulations on dumpin' ure french pile of rubbish, No dis JT but the boys got his head on !

Hello Mate, if that cars advertised in or near the High Wycombe area, it's not worth the hassle mate, the car is battered, rsty wings, with black tape on them to hide the rust, lowered with crap springs, the only thing the cars got going for it is the alloys, but in my opinion it drives a lot better with smaller diameter wheels, just an opinion. I've been looking for one of these as well, hence went to see the above mentioned car, but turned out to be crap, I've bought a starlet turbo instead, but as my luck would have it a half decent example of a corolla gti, popped its head around the corner, a woman at a petrol station infact, she is selling it but I have the starlet now ( as my ae82 is in the garage for the winter), if you want the number pm me and i'll dig it out for you, good luck, regards, Fal.

Little things id look out for are,

Radiator which tend to fall away into little bits

Crunching in gearchange, signs of a dying gearbox

Check the bonnet to see if its inline with the wings and also insde to see if it has had any welding done due to head on collision

Brakes!!! VERY VERY EXPENSIVE if they have seized as mines have! around 600 for Brakes if im lucky!!

and Car CANCER (RUST!!)

I avoided Modd Gti at all costs as someone who has modded it would have THRASHED it about aswell, Oh yeah Suspension! i would expect to change them if they aint been done already as theyre guna be KNACKERED after 10+ yrs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links