Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1991 Xl

coolgrd

hey! i have this corolla 1991 XL model. Im wondering if i can upgrade or do something on the engine so that i can make it faster? anyone there can give me an advice?

what engine do you have, should have a engine number on it such as 4EFE or 4AFE etc... All depends on what sort of power you're after, what the cars going to be used for and how much you're willing to spend. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
what engine do you have, should have a engine number on it such as 4EFE or 4AFE etc... All depends on what sort of power you're after, what the cars going to be used for and how much you're willing to spend.  :thumbsup:

I dont know its engine number on it, all i know is that it is only 1300 12 valve car. i know the engine is not that high profile. Is there a way to make this engine faster? how?

thanks

what engine do you have, should have a engine number on it such as 4EFE or 4AFE etc... All depends on what sort of power you're after, what the cars going to be used for and how much you're willing to spend.  :thumbsup:

I dont know its engine number on it, all i know is that it is only 1300 12 valve car. i know the engine is not that high profile. Is there a way to make this engine faster? how?

thanks

that's 2E-motor,my old corolla was with the same motor,but ee80/1987year/ :yes: this is great dynamic engine :) /compared to other alternatives in it' class like golf 1.3/1.6,astra 1.6 etc//one friend has audi 80 B-4 2.0 E/115 hp/ and my old corolla is with better acceleration. and whenever i want i can make 180km/h on the highway with this corolla. :D but if you think it's not fast enough/the acceleration/of your corolla,you can adjust the delco. :rolleyes: i think it's called DELCO in english,but i'm not shure :!Removed!:

thanks

that's 2E-motor,my old corolla was with the same motor,but ee80/1987year/ :yes: this is great dynamic engine :) /compared to other alternatives in it' class like golf 1.3/1.6,astra 1.6 etc//one friend has audi 80 B-4 2.0 E/115 hp/ and my old corolla is with better acceleration. and whenever i want i can make 180km/h on the highway with this corolla. :D but if you think it's not fast enough/the acceleration/of your corolla,you can adjust the delco. :rolleyes: i think it's called DELCO in english,but i'm not shure :!Removed!:

your car is an ee90 model with 73 bhp.u can make it a little more responsive by advancing the timing a few degrees.a clean air filter makes a difference too.

thanks

your car is an ee90 model with 73 bhp.u can make it a little more responsive by advancing the timing a few degrees.a clean air filter makes a difference too.

yes that's what i was trying to say :hokus-pokus: --you have to advance the timing a few degrees.for example: if the timing is at 10 degrees ,you have to adjust it at 15-16 degrees. :yes:

hey! i have this corolla 1991 XL model. Im wondering if i can upgrade or do something on the engine so that i can make it faster? anyone there can give me an advice?

you can try to convert your carburator to doublewing type .convert your air filter to

smaller one,adjust your timing and also try to change your tranmission gear oil.this will really help in your speed satisfaction.try also higher octane rating of gas fuel .if your not still satisfy, try to rebore your engine to install bigger piston but you will spend much money for this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links