Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great Piece Of Driving

Caz SR

HGV drivers seemed to be getting a bit of a slating recently here on TOC, so I wanted to post about an incident I've just driven past on my way home to give two particular drivers some credit and the :thumbsup:...

Today we experienced some very heavy rain. We didn't get snow, but an absolute down pour. By the time I got in my car to drive home at 6, it was freezing cold again and you can imagine the ground had started to ice over.

I took it easy and headed my normal route back, taking the M25. I hit a traffic black spot and presumed it was some junction traffic slowing us down, particularly with the imposed 40mph limit.

It wasn't until I got a little closer, the cause of the jam was apparent. Two lorries were parked side by side with their hazards on, one at an angle to direct the traffic. I filtered past them and looked to my right, to see a lady standing by her car (red Mr2) facing in the the wrong direction. There was no damage to the car, so I can presume she had hit a patch of ice. It was very windy and even my car felt like it wanted to do a Torvill & Dean impression! Quite bad conditions.

What then became apparent was that the two HGV drivers had purposely parked their trucks to shield her from the on coming traffic. Being a motorway and in rush hour, she was unable to correct her position on the road and obviously very vunerable.

I thought this was an excellent piece of driving from the HGV drivers. If they hadn't of done this, the incident could have been A LOT worse.

Just wanted to give credit where it's due :thumbsup:

Also to ask, has anyone else been involved or seen an incident where someone had acted upon the utmost care, or seen anything like this too?

Yup. Well done to them. In all honesty i think the majority of HGV drivers are brilliant. It takes a great deal of skill to manouver a 40 ton truck without incident. I take my hat off to them. But like every other section of society, there`s always the rogue ones who give the rest a bad name. :yes:

One of lorry drivers that I work with came upto an accident and pulled lorry (artic) across the road (b road) and blocked it off completly. He then phoned 999 and reported it (it must of been serious as the air ambluance was called out) this was after he witnessed about 20 cars all driving around it and not one of them had stopped.

Bearing in mind these guys pretty much live on the road, they are usually good sensible drivers!!!!

Sounds like a good job done there to me....

I have always wondered before what kind 0of person drives a Delica...

Today I found out....

a complete :censor: ing :censor: :censor:

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links