Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reduced Performance

vanillaice

Hi,

About 10 days ago I installed a Blitz panel filter in my AE92 GTi. To start with everything seemed OK. However, after running it for a few days, what I think it has done is make the engine a bit noisier (louder) and quite a bit thirstier - but that could just be me.

I am currently using a standard aftermarket exhaust system, could it be that the exhaust is restricting the "improved" flow of gases?

Anyone else had similiar experiences?

Cheers,

ICE

Sounds a bit strange that mate! Are you sure it has reduced the performance?!?!?!?! or do you think it is exactly the same as before!

Never get your hopes up, air filters never give you much performance gains, just makes the engine note sound nicer!

NAAAAAAAAAAH the Blitz not doing too much :( , i was guna get one in a few weeks!!

But the mongoose i got DefoZ helps LOTS, pulls better right from the start to the end! although it my car does drink!!

So do you reakon its gone Slower or faster? as youve not stated clearly, and oh yeah, you may need to adjust that little nut for air flow as your idle may have gone up a bit? should be on 0.8 or 0.9, Whats yours on now?

NAAAAAAAAAAH the Blitz not doing too much  :( , i was guna get one in a few weeks!!

But the mongoose i got DefoZ helps LOTS, pulls better right from the start to the end! although it my car does drink!!

So do you reakon its gone Slower or faster? as youve not stated clearly, and oh yeah, you may need to adjust that little nut for air flow as your idle may have gone up a bit? should be on 0.8 or 0.9, Whats yours on now?

I think it probably has made it a bit faster, I'm tempted to put the stock one back in just to see how it feels. I think that I was maybe expecting a bit too much from it :S

However, it definately has made it louder.

I did also change my dizzy, rotor arm, leads and plugs. The plugs were bought from fensport - will the gap need adjusting or should they be set correctly already? I wondered if these where incorrect and reducing mpg?

As for idling, it sits at about 800rpm, which I believe is correct.

Cheers,

ICE

you shouldnt have to adjust plugs unless they looked damaged??bout 800rpm is fine i had to have mine at bout 1000rpm with cams etc

never expect gains from air filters thats lax flower talk :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links