Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 V's Supra

GT4 BOOSTER

a few short vids here- ELVINGTON , you need macromedia player installed to view .

gt4 v's supra, the supra just forgot to show up - he - he . i'm sure we will hear from supra owners saying " ah we'll nail you in the dry " zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . :lol:

THE WHITE MR2 JUST GETS KILLED OFF TOO - HAIL THE KING THE GT4. :thumbsup:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.morris5/zclio/

a few short vids here- ELVINGTON , you need macromedia player installed to view .

gt4 v's supra, the supra just forgot to show up - he - he . i'm sure we will hear from supra owners saying " ah we'll nail you in the dry " zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . :lol:

THE WHITE MR2 JUST GETS KILLED OFF TOO - HAIL THE KING THE GT4. :thumbsup:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.morris5/zclio/

No supra gonna nail me in the dry! :D

(unless its modified :unsure: )

In a straight line, the twin turbo supra will destroy an st205 (stock vs stock).

But dont get me wrong i think the st205 is the best sports car toyota have come up with so far :yes:

It doesnt take much tuning to match a supra's horse power and it will leave a supra in the corners. And the st205 is actually quicker 0-30 but then the supra has both turbos spun up and has nearly 100lbs of torque more than the celica which means it doesnt stay in front long enough to beat it to 60.

I've gone from an st202 to an st205 (300+bhp) to a twin turbo uk supra auto to a non turbo supra manual and now back to an st205.

Unfortunately the Supra just doesnt win it for me as it lacks the traction. :yes:

Your basicly comparing a Supercar to a Rally car. Both equally as good as each other in their own field.

This forum isn't good for me. I'd be quite content with my 202 otherwise.

I want a GT4! (and a suitable income for running one).

And on a total tangent, I've gone gold n got a confirmation email today. I want my Badge to appear!

It doesnt take much tuning to match a supra's horse power and it will leave a supra in the corners. And the st205 is actually quicker 0-30 but then the supra has both turbos spun up and has nearly 100lbs of torque more than the celica which means it doesnt stay in front long enough to beat it to 60.

Supra twin turbo is 4.8 secs to 60mph. I recon i might be able to beat it :)

Supra twin turbo is 4.8 secs to 60mph. I recon i might be able to beat it :)

Offcially the supra is 4.9secs ;) Yeah you possibly could beat a supra to 60, my last st205 (the Castrol replica) had about 300bhp and was just behind a supra to 60. I think i was pulling 60 in about 5.1ish.

How do you control boost on your celica? and what kind of electronic upgrades are you using to get 300bhp?

Im going to go up to 1.1bar boost before the Nurburgring trip and will most likely use water/methonal injection. Just trying to decide whether to go Apexi AVCR & S-AFC or Motec/Blitz Access.

Would be interested to find out what everyone else uses :yes:

whats this water/methanol all about :lol:

whats this water/methanol  all about  :lol:

I take it your joking and you know about water/methonal injection ;)

i have not a clue about it young man.please enlighten me. :thumbsup:

i just drive cars , and service them , never been into performance add ons

i have not a clue about it young man.please enlighten me. :thumbsup:

:lol: Oh right ok

We all know one of the best ways to up the boost levels of your car and keep temperatures down is to fit a bigger intercooler.

But you can also use water injection, something that Fensport have been selling for a long time now.

Basicly water is sprayed into the intake which reduces the inlet temperature which means "average reduction of 24 degrees @ 18psi boost pressure" according to Fensport and a much reduced chance of detonation.

What a few people do is use a mixture of water and methonal. The methonal actually increases the strength of the combustion similar to using higher RON fuel.

Its a nice cheap mod to do, but means you need to keep your water/methonal levels topped up as well as your fuel :)

its all dutch to me. :wacko:

Spraying methanol into the IC cools it more efficiently (by a good 20 degrees from Nur tests last year), the Methonol also burns ..

So you get more dense, colder boost .. and higher octane (less dett).

And the GT4 isn't "all that" .. especially in stock form, the ST205 will be slower over a quater than a mk4 TT soop and an mk2 T MR2. And then if it's not over a quater, or it's modified, it's all about the driver&tuning.

'Pre compressor fuel injection' is supposed to be a superb way to improve charge cooling, but seems little used in mainstream applications (there might be some significant drawbacks that I don't know about).

Basically, when you heat a liquid at some point it will vapourise (i.e. turn into a gas). In order to do this energy is required to break the inter molecular bonds. This energy is provided as heat (i.e. heat is taken in from the surrounding air, thus cooling the intake charge).

Methanol is more effective than water because it evaporates at a lower temperature than water. Water needs 100 degrees C, which it only sees during compression in the cylinder. Methanol starts to vapourise in the temp of compressed intake charge.

In theory it is possible to cool the intake to lower than ambient temperature using pre comp injection. :hokus-pokus:

'Pre compressor fuel injection' is supposed to be a superb way to improve charge cooling, but seems little used in mainstream applications (there might be some significant drawbacks that I don't know about).

Basically, when you heat a liquid at some point it will vapourise (i.e. turn into a gas). In order to do this energy is required to break the inter molecular bonds. This energy is provided as heat (i.e. heat is taken in from the surrounding air, thus cooling the intake charge).

Methanol is more effective than water because it evaporates at a lower temperature than water. Water needs 100 degrees C, which it only sees during compression in the cylinder. Methanol starts to vapourise in the temp of compressed intake charge.

In theory it is possible to cool the intake to lower than ambient temperature using pre comp injection.  :hokus-pokus:

:huh::wacko:

methanol heats up in the mix , within the chargecooler and the vapours then enter the combustion chamber creating a better biger bang , is my interpretation.

Methanol cools the compressed air leaving the turbo. Cooler air means you can run higher boost before detonation sets in. The combustion of the methanol is a just supplementary effect.

Okay ..

Wave your hand about .. it's warm.

Lick your hand and wave it about .. it's cool.

Spraying a mist of Water/Methanol in the boost pipes cools the air .. allowing colder, denser boost.

The Methanol is also ups the octane of the petrol ..

These combined allow you to run more boost, more timing advance and be safer than without WI ..

On the MR2 it's actually more efficient than changing the IC. So if you do both, ya laughing.

BTW AdamGT, what you done to run over 300bhp? Surely to get that you must have thought about WI or at least got a massive FMIC ?

Surely to get that you must have thought about WI or at least got a massive FMIC ?

I guess WI is water injection?

Well im sure the special edition WRC comes with it as standard. I have a WRC, 1 of 2500 made worldwide

Well im sure the special edition WRC comes with it as standard. I have a WRC, 1 of 2500 made worldwide

You've got the cool external (sprays a mist of water on the outside of the IC).

Have you got it wired up? (The WRC road cars had that and the anti-lag turned off, but they need to be fitted to use them in the rallies). WI is internal to the boost pipes not sure if they were allowed that in rallies :S

I heard that one of the ltd edition evo/scooby/skyline (insert 4wd jap beastie) had an external one set so it sprayed when you were going a certain %age sideways and therefore the air over the FMIC would be less. How cool? :yes:

I read about your chip/ECU, hopefully it's a good one that is doing timing etc too, then you are laughing. Probably upped the rev limiter as well as de-limiting the top speed. Would be good to know what you have if you ever come to do other things to the car.

You've got the cool external (sprays a mist of water on the outside of the IC).

Have you got it wired up? (The WRC road cars had that and the anti-lag turned off, but they need to be fitted to use them in the rallies). WI is internal to the boost pipes not sure if they were allowed that in rallies :S

I heard that one of the ltd edition evo/scooby/skyline (insert 4wd jap beastie) had an external one set so it sprayed when you were going a certain %age sideways and therefore the air over the FMIC would be less. How cool? :yes:

I read about your chip/ECU, hopefully it's a good one that is doing timing etc too, then you are laughing. Probably upped the rev limiter as well as de-limiting the top speed. Would be good to know what you have if you ever come to do other things to the car.

Yeah your right, would like to know whats done. Clutch is really strong aswell even when launching it a few times. Limiters are taken off i guess as ive had the speedo way over clock limit... i guess thats somethin to so with the ecu aswell?

Yeah your right, would like to know whats done. Clutch is really strong aswell even when launching it a few times. Limiters are taken off i guess as ive had the speedo way over clock limit... i guess thats somethin to so with the ecu aswell?

Clutch is harder, you'll not know till you take it apart :(

Yeah, the ECU would have had a built in 112-116mph limit on her ..

Who did the UK conversion? Does it have MPH or KMPH clocks? or does it have a KMPH, with a sitcker over the K?

Clutch is harder, you'll not know till you take it apart :(

Yeah, the ECU would have had a built in 112-116mph limit on her ..

Who did the UK conversion? Does it have MPH or KMPH clocks? or does it have a KMPH, with a sitcker over the K?

A small garage that imports 4x4s from japan just decided to get a couple of sports cars for a change. they didnt have a clue about any of the mods it had which is why i think i got good price*. the clocks are still in KMPH. top of the clock is 180kph and i recon ive easily had over 200kph out of it.

(*paid £5800, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, perfect bodywork, only 45k miles, WRC edition)

Hmm, 200kph is only 125mph on the clock .. 10% error you could be still limited ..

I know what I'd do .. but maybe take it to a track or dyno and find out? :)

(it's supposed to be a limit of 112, but my S2K hits 116 (digi dash is easy to read).)

Actually, my MR2 also hit the limit at 116 :S

But that was on my first trip to Nur where I'd cut out my de-limiter and not tweaked the settings on my RSM.

Tuning an RSM at 116mph on a Belgian highway is NOT suggested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links