Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Vs Civic Esi

cmarshall

There is someone i know and dislike who keeps pushing me for a race at the pod. I cant lose this though, need to beat him. He has a 94 Civic hatchback 1.6 esi with over 100k on runs sweet as a nut though with a cherry bomb, induction kit and 17's. Mine at the moment just has the fuji rear box and induction kit. Can i beat him?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• admanirv

• zebidi

• earpl

Its not purely down to the car, its also down to the skill of the driver :P

And by the way, his car is putting out about 20bhp more than yours, but you could do it

Errrr NO!

Santapod is a racetrack on private land that we sometimes go to - its a quarter mile of high grip drag track - organised by marshalls

And mate - in theory you could have him but it comes down to loads of variables - weather, temperature, tyres etc ... not forgetting luck and skill

Go for it - if you lose well you can try again

There is someone i know and dislike who keeps pushing me for a race at the pod. I cant lose this though, need to beat him. He has a 94 Civic hatchback 1.6 esi with over 100k on runs sweet as a nut though with a cherry bomb, induction kit and 17's. Mine at the moment just has the fuji rear box and induction kit. Can i beat him?

hmmm, ok ur t sport you'll actually get a slighty better 1/4mile. he'll be getting mid 17's.

I thought it was an ek9 at first!!, my god those thigns can keep up with subaru wrx's. anyways...

Again a lot is down to driver skill too though, get urs de catted, manifold, apexi relcoated, pulley and back seats out an if your good you'l get in the low 16's. that will wipe the smile off his face.

Errrr NO!

Santapod is a racetrack on private land that we sometimes go to - its a quarter mile of high grip drag track - organised by marshalls

And mate - in theory you could have him but it comes down to loads of variables - weather, temperature, tyres etc ... not forgetting luck and skill

theres a 1/4 mile meet soon isnt there?, have to check lcoation from me, or ic an travel from flat in macnhester, just nee to see how far away it is.

think ill come along for santa pod.

I got in the low 16's standard (not that low 16 but still there) if i race him i have to win, its a long story, i will buy what i need to buy to beat him i just cant afford to loose

sounds like you want another 10bhp

before you race him, strip your car out, if you dont want to make it obvious just remove a few things, all helps

Errrr NO!

Forgot to mention that I spotted some 'Boy Racer' on the M6 going north bound between 5 and 2 with a subaru behind him on Tuesday this week around 2:30pm.

It was a thunder grey TS with a carbon bonnet and a bald bloke driving it looking very chilled ........ wonder who it was?

p.s he kicked your ubik :P !

* Couldn't actually see it though as you went past me and I couldn't keep up lol

I got in the low 16's standard (not that low 16 but still there) if i race him i have to win, its a long story, i will buy what i need to buy to beat him i just cant afford to loose

Buy whatever you need to beat him?! Buy yourself a TTE charger :P Na just check your running fine with clean oil, enough coolant, tyre grip etc.! Maybe uprate your tyres? Fit launch control? :P Practise before hand? Alot down to skill of course remember! (and luck!) O and lighten up your car for some advantage!

To be honest does it matter if you beat him? getting this competitive is only going to end in tears :P

Errrr NO!

Forgot to mention that I spotted some 'Boy Racer' on the M6 going north bound between 5 and 2 with a subaru behind him on Tuesday this week around 2:30pm.

It was a thunder grey TS with a carbon bonnet and a bald bloke driving it looking very chilled ........ wonder who it was?

p.s he kicked your ubik :P !

* Couldn't actually see it though as you went past me and I couldn't keep up lol

then he stoped & had a chat with the scooby driver :thumbsup:

i find that hard to believe you got in the 16's standard, when a few other people ran in the 17's standard. Unless your a suberb driver. Not being funny just find it hard to believe when people moderately modded and good driver get in the 16's, dont wanna turn this into a rant. :)

i find that hard to believe you got in the 16's standard, when a few other people ran in the 17's standard. Unless your a suberb driver. Not being funny just find it hard to believe when people moderately modded and good driver get in the 16's, dont wanna turn this into a rant. :)

It was a 16.4 plenty of people saw it. Been racing since i was 14 so can get good starts.

daddy buy you a race car?

No, i race outdoor go karts. Why do you guys always bring up my dad? But back on topic with beating the esi

??? meant no offence, just my dad wanted me to get in to karting when i was about 10, the bourght me one, but i was more interested in girls DOH!!!

They are awesome 10-60 in 3secs and top out at 90mph one inch off the ground, dont do 0-60's as they are on a centrifugal clutch and race using rolling starts. :thumbsup:

Briefly off topic - yeah that was me - was earlier than that though and southbound. I thought I saw you looking. Id met the skooby drive earlier - we were just cruising down the road.

Its a long time since Ive been called a boy racer! - you just made my day! And its a shaved head thankyou very much!!!

The skooby was a serious bit of kit though - very nice.

Back on topic - get yourself some drag radials for a good takeoff - you can get road legal ones now for a reasonable price. Should give you around an extra second on your time.

They are awesome 10-60 in 3secs and top out at 90mph one inch off the ground, dont do 0-60's as they are on a centrifugal clutch and race using rolling starts.  :thumbsup:

What class do you race in?

Rotax max

Ahh rite, thought it might be with you sayin 90mph but no gears :D

Im in TKM myself :thumbsup:

Rotax max

Ahh rite, thought it might be with you sayin 90mph but no gears :D

Im in TKM myself :thumbsup:

Nice one, i race them aswell, started off in junior tkm, got 2 gillard tkm's now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links