Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fire Spitting

cmarshall

Can you make the yaris spit flames without a flamer kit? Just come back from a ride in my mates tuned 106 gti (manifold, de-cat, full straight through system, cams, upgraded ecu). Not only did it fly it spits out flames, could you make a t sport do this? If so what do you need, i dont want a flamer kit. :thumbsup:

Yes, you can but you need to be running some serious power and have a de-cat. Have fun trying, it won't be easy! ;)

Saying that, I think the video that was up of the throttle bodied Yaris was spitting flames! :drool::thumbsup:

Hopefully wouldn't need throttle bodies, my mates mods are all do-able on the yaris without throttle bodies or a turbo. The 106 engine is only 100cc more so cant be to much different.

yup the throttle bodied one in greece was spitting flames. Yeh the GTI may only be 100cc more powerful, but that engine can be tuned a lot more than a t-sport engine

But they run 120bhp as standard and they take very well to mods. If you get 130bhp without throttle bodies or forced induction I'd be very surprised! :yes:

Nobody say "but earpl has got 140bhp" because we all know if he went to a real, proper rolling road he'd get a 120bhp max if you ask me! :thumbsup:

How do you over fuel it then, why is his over fueling?

His ecu is more than likely setup wrong or maybe he wanted it to slightly overfuel to get it spitting flames. It just means a wee bit of unburnt fuel goes into the exhaust, it's no big deal really! :thumbsup:

Its had an aftermarket ecu thats all i know, can you set the t sport ecu to do this, maybe request it with the dastek unichip?

can be done if its ets to chuck more fuel through my old yaris had apparaently spat flames only tiny ones tho, bigger injectors may be a start i reckon,

emanage the overfueling?

i dunno, i cant see the advantage though :lol: :lol:

yeah its illegal, though aint, that could get quite dangerous and scary!.

Yeha 106gti respnd well to mods

Whatever you try won't work as long as there's catalitic converters in the line. You'd have to at least get a full open exhaust line.

:crybaby: Poor Earth.

But they run 120bhp as standard and they take very well to mods. If you get 130bhp without throttle bodies or forced induction I'd be very surprised! :yes:

Nobody say "but earpl has got 140bhp" because we all know if he went to a real, proper rolling road he'd get a 120bhp max if you ask me! :thumbsup:

hear hear :P

anyway chris, me with the blitz and decat, i wouldnt say it flamed my friend says it doesnt but its more like a little spark thats going on inside the backbox. it pops and pops and pops but it doesnt spit out a reputable flame im afraid :(

just get yourself a turbo and fit and ALS (antilag system) now thems proper flames (thats an ALS flame in my avatar but they only caught it at the start, they were about 4 1/2 feet long!!!)

if you have a very free flowing exhaust (ie one straight through box, tubular headers, no cat) then should spit blue flames no prob. not nessesarly over fueling but should only do it on the overrun or on liftoff

anyway chris, me with the blitz and decat, i wouldnt say it flamed my friend says it doesnt but its more like a little spark thats going on inside the backbox. it pops and pops and pops but it doesnt spit out a reputable flame im afraid :(

yeah sorry its not a clapped out 1.0....... :rolleyes:

because it looks damn cool, and scares the hell outta people

Not on a Yaris it doesn't.

Have to disagree it looked damn cool on a 106 so good enough for the yaris

Have to disagree it looked damn cool on a 106 so good enough for the yaris

I still think a car that spits flames out of the exhaust needs to have the performance to back it up but, hey, whatever floats your boat or, in this case I suppose, whatever lights your candle. :yes:

yeah sorry its not a clapped out 1.0....... :rolleyes:

Who's got a clapped out 1 litre like? :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links