Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Just Crashed Into My Aygo In A Car Park

anup_cfc

hey just wondering how much gettin the side panel bumper thing fixed would cost and a respray of a door, as this guy mashed my car up good it would appear, flaking paint and dent in the bottom of the side bumper thing. am not impressed have only had it 3 weeks. i hope bodyshops know how to fix an aygo as its a new car

Metals metal mate, sure they'll fix her up no probs!!! :thumbsup:

Also, congratulations on your apparent calm demeanour, I would be fuming about it! :yes::

Do you have his details of Insurance - If so , then simply take the car to Toyota to be fixed.............. :yes:

no i don't i wasnt there when it happened and i when i got back to my car there wasn't anyone there, so a hit and run if you like.

Damn those people who run away like pussies................... :ffs:

I would still take it to Toyota though to see what they say as it is a very new car. They will advise you well hopefully :thumbsup:

which is your local Toyota dealer?

I use Hills in Bishops Stortford -They are very helpful :thumbsup:

i use lookers in chelmsford, they are a bit rubbish frankly, forgot to give me a handbook for the car when i bought it and lost bits of my insurance cirtifcate too. yeh ill see what my dad says but i phoned lookers they said come down for a quote with insurancea nd police report.

Try Colchester Toyota.... they have been helpfull every time i've been there and they're not to far away.... should take you approx 20-30mins max depending on what part of Chelmsford your in.

cheers i went to chelmsford today and they said come back next week for a quote, i assume the prices will be the same at all the dealers, but i think my dad said he knows some good private bodywork guy in chelmsford who will do it for less, hopefully he has toyota parts.

i think the whole left side frame is gonna have to be replaces because the major dent is on the sideskirt thing that sticks out below the door, and that part goes all the way around the car, so could be quite hefty work unless he can suck the dent out somehow.

He will need to go through Toyota to get the parts anyway so it may not be cheaper......... :yes:

you make a good point

am just annoyed as this car is everything an 18 year wants cheap and cool, but when some c**t comes and smashes it and runs off like a !Removed!, it annoys and saddens me, as this car for all its cheapness gets as much attention as people who drive ferraris do.

I think you will find that Lookers Toyota will get someone else to do the work anyway as I don't think they have a body shop there. They only have servicing capabilitys on site (I could be wrong though).

well thats intresting, my insurance company (norwich union) doesnt have toyota down on its list of approved repair people, seems they are recommending a local company, but will take my car to toyota anyway just to see what they can do

I think you will find that Lookers Toyota will get someone else to do the work anyway as I don't think they have a body shop there. They only have servicing capabilitys on site (I could be wrong though).

I got the Yaris Blue from Lookers Rayleigh & I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Rayleigh, Romford & possibly Chelmsford have a new place down by the Fortune of War Roundabout on the A127 for bodywork? I did read it months ago so I can't quite remember exactly what it was.

well thats intresting, my insurance company (norwich union) doesnt have toyota down on its list of approved repair people, seems they are recommending a local company, but will take my car to toyota anyway just to see what they can do

I work in Motor Insurance and we don't have specific dealerships on our list either...they are approved bodyshops instead. Surely they dont say you have to use their garage tho? We give Policyholders the option of APR's or own garage.

ah i see

well ive contacted the insurance company i have to pay a stupid £370 excess to the garage, whichever i choose to have it done, which is just stupid but thats life i guess.

the garage said they will have to cut a 2 foot section out of the car frame then weld in a new bit and respray, so its just an expensive bit of nip tick.

hi i called my insurance once and they wanted to take my car somewhere else but i made it clear i wanted to take my car to my local Toyota and they said i might not be able to have a hire car while the work was being done so i called Toyota and asked and they said they had a hire car when it was time for mine to go they where very helpfull and that was with Romford Toyota and it didnt cost me any more by saying i wanted to use Toyota and not the one Morethan recommened so if might be worth a try asking ya local dealer be you use the recommended one by the insurance GOOD LUCK in getting ya car fix hun x

should be fixed just awaiting the quote in the post then have to arrange a time to get it fixed after xmas.

toyota are going to do it as they said if someone else touches the car i will lose my 15 year paint and corrosion warranty, i just phoned the insurance company and they said it was cool that toyota did it.

nope, was the s**t market multi storey in chelmsford, i knew it was a liability parking there having lived here all my life, was just desperate to find a space as it was so busy everywhere.

That's why I always park in the staples car park (opposite riverside).... it's free for 2hrs after the mister ticket man has walked round taking his little notes..... i've only ever seen him twice in the time i've parked there.....

Or do what I used to do and park behind staples..... there's loads of spaces and they think you work in one of the shops.....

yeh i know i live so close to town i usually walk, just i had to drop off some huge things in a shop so had no choice, but argh. no will never park in multi storey again, will definatly use meadows or riverside/staples

• 2 weeks later...

well good news its going in on saturday to get repaired lets hope they don't destroy it, i havent even driven it since it got hit, have been to embarassed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links