Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audio Question

ptwiby

i have a t-sport standard and want better audio, but dont wanna replace the head unit as im not keen on the appearence of a new one , as the standard head unit is split, with cd slot near gearstick and rest higher up so just want to kn ow if instead of replacin HU cud i just add an amp and get same results then upgrade Speakers and run through amp, if this works wats the best bits to buy without spending too much i am a student

i have a t-sport standard and want better audio, but dont wanna replace the head unit as im not keen on the appearence of a new one , as the standard head unit is split, with cd slot near gearstick and rest higher up so just want to kn ow if instead of replacin HU cud i just add an amp and get same results then upgrade speakers and run through amp, if this works wats the best bits to buy without spending too much i am a student

if you want to improve your sound quality with minimum cost you could add to your system a Toyota subwoofer and Toyota tweeter Speakers.

For both you are looking at around 220 pounds including installation costs if you buy the parts new from mr T.

if you are lucky and fast you can do the same job with less than 100 quid:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I would recomend those eBay over buying from toyota. Tbh your best bet is a new HU as this will increase sound with minimum cost but if you are 100% on using the original HU then you can just get aftermarket versions of those toyota parts for cheaper (a sub and tweeters that will be better than toyotas for cheaper).

Tbh your wasting your time sticking with the standard HU. You will end up throwing a lot of money at your standard system to make it sound worse than less money spent on an aftermarket HU set up!

Could look for a HU you like? You can install it where the current Cd played is or get one of those fascia adapters (do a search on here) and it will look less modded

take a look at these mate

Linky

this will prob help u make up your mind. imho it is much better to get an after market head unit. much easier to get it sounding how u want it and you can add as much as you want to it alot easlier :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links