Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Supra Questions Before I Buy

cookci

Spotted a 1994 non turbo auto going for (70,000 miles) £3995 which i will be takin a look at in a few days time... providing it hasnt been sold that is!

Anyway i wanted to ask a few questions before i made a purchase so i dont buy a lemon...

:D

- How often does the timing belt need changing (does it even have one??)? And will the engine self destruct from a snapped belt and is it a big job to get it changed?

-How difficult is it to change the spark plugs/oil?

-Whats the top speed of the non turbo automatic and is it limited... can this be removed easily?

-Are there any knocking noises to listen out for i.e. like the ones on the GT4 which end up costing the owner much £££'s?

If someone could answer these and tell me anything else i might need to know then i should be driving a supra very soon :D

:D

thankyou :D

To answer some of your questions:

Timing belt needs to be changed at 60K.

It's a non-interference engine so if it snaps there will be no damage you are just left stranded.

Changing the spark plugs is not ***** easy but not particularly hard. It's mainly time consuming as the intake goes right over the top of the spark plug cover so you need to remove a bit of the intake to get at the spark plugs.

Changing the oil is easy enough, but the filter is in an awkward position. Filter can be removed from the top or underneath depending on how big your arms are and what tools you have to hand.

I've just checked some documentation for a 1998 NA and it says the top speed is 150mph and 0-60 in 6.8secs. Think those figures could be a bit hopeful but not far out.

Hmmm there's a buying guide on a certain website some where *hint, hint* :D

if u get no joy with that one cookie mine is still 4 sale black 93 non turbo but ime lookin for £4500 minimum if u become interested i will send you some pics

merry xmas happy new year :thumbsup:

sh8t sorry mate.

thankyou for answering my questions u were very helpful

i blame my girlfriend for taking my mind off your post!

...Bad girlfriend ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links