Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isnt It Just Great! Crash

siray123

Hi guys and gals,

Went to morrisons today to come back to car to discover some C**T reversed etc into my car totally taking off my bumper at the drivers side and denting wheel arch whole is jsut about hanging off, didnt catch who it was i drove about 10yards up the road when i realised, hmm whats that noise?.

heres a few pics, dont know if anyone has been in the same situation, but the wheel arch has the paint flecked off slightly in two places and bumper is undamaged but scuffed at very slughly at the side. This comes as an unwelcome bonus, as im knackered for money from the xmas period. Doesnt look like a need a new bumper at all.

Anyone any ideas how much it will cost whast invovled?, i know there has gotta be some painting down just hope its a touch up job and a tiny bit of pannel beating to sort out slight dent on wheel arch rather than a complete respray.

I know the pics arnt great, im hoping its a £100 job, as you can tell the whole bumper got took off and holding bits have snapped.

cheers, "Ah well better to be ****** off than ****** on!" (deceased grandads moto :P )

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3690/pict00477fe.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9364/pict00486ph.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2632/pict00514nf.jpg

Sorry to hear about this mate....

Luckily the bumper doesnt look too damaged - lets hope its relatively cheap and easy to fix.... :thumbsup:

Really pees me off the jerks that will do something like this and just leave the scene.... :angry:

Sorry to hear about this mate....

Luckily the bumper doesnt look too damaged - lets hope its relatively cheap and easy to fix....  :thumbsup:

Really pees me off the jerks that will do something like this and just leave the scene....  :angry:

cheers i know!, what can i do though!, i had to use a old kickboxing belt i found in my boot or id of been screwed for way home, im takin to a garage 2moro so ill see what happens.

where did you park? have you checked to see if theres cameras, esp directional ones that might have covered the scene prior and during the bump... be fast if u go look cos as far as i know some places delete their tapes after 48 hours if nothings reported or needed from them.... feelin ur pain.... thats a right ****ers trick what that persons done. be sure to contact the ppl running the camera fast and ask them to check the tape and if they wont call the police and report the accident and suggest to them to request the possible footage.

best of luck mate :thumbsup: .... and i hope the person who dunnit gets nailed and the claim goes right against them :censor: ******

Sorry to hear that!

Check with the supermarket to see if the car park is covered by CCTV. You may be in luck of identifying who did it if they do (via the police - the person that has done this has actually commited an offence after all).

Hope you get the car fixed up soon.

Cheers fellas, ill prob pop along 2moro morning since i did this about 2 hours ago. i need to sort the bumper out first! I dont think im goign to claim through insurance unless it goes to stupid money.

ill check with supermarket cctv, see if they actually have it, thing is i was parked at back and it maybe didnt cover it. Fingers crossed.

cheers all.

dude this sucks, sorry to hear this .. and not to leave details, cowardly :censor: and its not as if it was a slight mark, they took ur bumper off <_<

lets hope its not too expensive, and check to see if cctv caught anything

gutted...

it's amazing things people do in car parks without either them noticing..or not giving a damn. I saw something similar today..someone got out...opened the door smacked it against the car next to them..then got out..turned around..leaned back in to pick up bag etc..their butt..bashing the door repeatedly against the other car

only this time...for a change..the owner of the other car was present..and said.."do you mind"...belive it or not..they said... " no not really"

best thing to come of this lately..on-line shopping.

damage looks to be worse than it is...should report it anyway..might get something back from Victim's support which kinda covers things like this..and what a good propotion of our premiums go towards....but they may equally just say you did it yourself..need soome proof... :-(

Vipes

I like your last picture :lol::lol: !

They would have definitely known that they went into your car :angry:

I hope they have been caught on CCTV!

I've seen people bashing their doors on to other peoples cars and told them about it ..... they just shrugged their shoulders - F**KERs the lot of them :ffs: !

something always happen to my car in supermarket carparks, they will not be held responsible for any damage to your car, they will not look at the CCTV "The camera was looking the otherway excuse"

Get a crime number from the Police first, if the supermarket starts performing about the CCTV get the managers name and let him know he his details and comments will be passed to the Police.

That normally gets their finger out of their butts

Get a crime number from the Police first, if the supermarket starts performing about the CCTV get the managers name and let him know he his details and comments will be passed to the Police.

That normally gets their finger out of their butts

trouble is..that's why you see in all carparks a sign saying:

"Vehicle's parked at owners's risk"

nowt you can do.... they may help..but they don't have to..camera's are really there to cover their property...not yours.

Vipes

I'm sure you can drag up data protection act into this, information is being stored about your car, unless there is no tape in the VCR

Damn, sorry to hear about that dude, some people must drive with there eyes shut

no, the spaces are too narrow for some people, thats why it is better to park in the disabled or child spaces

no, the spaces are too narrow for some people, thats why it is better to park in the disabled or child spaces

:o

Yes and let a disabled person park a mile from the place.... :rolleyes:

<_<

You park where you're entitled to park, not in a space reserved for someone who has a disability - regardless of who might hit, scratch or dent your car!

Quite frankly if I saw a car without a disabled sticker in a disabled bay, I'd be inclined to hit it with something large and cumbersome, because thats just bang out of order IMO! (scuse the pun!)

V irresponsible comment to make!!! Whether you meant it or not, shouldn't say stuff like that. Sorry, but it's personal for me!!

Spaces are not too small in car parks. It's down to the drivers inability and or lack of attention.

***Climbs down off soap box and hides***

park in a Mother and child space ( why's it always mother as well..what about dad!)

anyway..I have a Daughter..and I wouldn't park in a "Mother" and Child space...have you seen what kids do!! and then they are usually armed with a shopping trolley to be helpfull.... most dangerous place to be!

Regarding the CCTV and Data protection act...that's why there will be another little sign saying your being recorded..and your entitled to see what's been recorded if you ask for it..they can only use the information themselves if authorised..and have reason to use it..bit like DVLA..can get anyone's address if you want..just say this car hit me..I have there number...what's there addy...or like the clampers/parking attendents ..when you just get a ticket in the post..agian straight from your REG details...think they are cracking down on this though..so only the police can be given the information?? not sure...

wasn't there an incident regarding CCTV and Mcdonald's? where they displayed CCTV images on the news....but they never blotted out all the other people in camera shot...and they all sued Mcdonald's and won.

Think you have a case..say with CCTV in town centeres..if there's no signage saying your being recorded.....

Vipes

:ffs: Just wanted to say sorry to hear about the damage :( as I work in Motor Insurance I hear about "hit and runs" as I call them everyday, sometimes people do get lucky and the CCTV is facing the right direction but it's not that frequent.

Sounds like a few visits to local bodyshops are needed - you did say already about Insurance and you are very right as if you were to claim then it would also be classed a a "fault accident" on the policy as there is no Third Party to claim from, it'll affect NCB if not protected and increase premiums. (just thought I'd share some general info)

People just dont have consideration for the size of their vehicles/other peoples property anymore sometimes :ffs:

only this time...for a change..the owner of the other car was present..and said.."do you mind"...belive it or not..they said... " no not really"

:o

If someone done that to my car and said that to me, it wouldn't be pretty! :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be caught on CCTV (I work in Morrisons) and I see all the cameras in operation and they cover 99% of our car park and to say our carpark is massive is an understatement! :thumbsup:

cheers guy for your help, my car was put in garage today its a 1 day job and will cost £150, wing is getting sprayed a one inch long crack is getting repaired and bumper fixed back on. Dont know if this will help anyone but there you go for future reference. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links