Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isnt It Just Great! Crash

siray123

Any look on finding the culprit?

i went to morrisons manager wasnt that helpful said the tapes had been deleted, i kinda threathed him but with no avail, just unlucky i suppose the biggest problem is i dont want to lose the no claims i have built up.

Had almost excatly the same happen to me last christmas! I came back from the dry cleaners to find my bumper in front of the car - they drove off! What didnt help for me was that the week after I was due to get my lip spoiler!

Ok - the bumper mounts can be 'mended' easy enough - get some thing brass or similar and make urself a new mounting bracket. I used a peice of piano hing to make mine - split it into two and redrilled the holes to suit. You need to drill the wing and the bumper to make a new mount and reinforce it with a peice of metal inside if you can.

The splits in the wing look worrying though - I had some really deep gouges but nothing like that.

In the end I discovered that a new bumper is around 60quid so I got that and the lip spoiler sprayed together. Unfortunately the spraying isnt cheap - around the 100 mark I'd have thought. Changing the bumper is time consuming - but thats all it is - not difficult.

The wing - my best suggestion is to go see a 'chipsaway' dealer - they sorted me out - but it was around the 100 mark again Im afraid.

Personally I'd lash up the bumper as I described above and live with it through the winter. Then in the summer get a new bumper fitted and sprayed along with the wing?

Didnt see this post til just now - would have tried to help sooner if I had!

I know it's arrogant but - USE 2 PARKING SPACES :yes:

if people where more carefull Gordy we wouldn't need to be arrogant

:lol: my father did this when he had just got his is200, still does in the rx8, although i call him bugger! lol.

i just collected it 15mins ago, was dark so i couldnt see it too clear, looked fine and they have took the bumps out.

i rang up toyota about a complete front t sport bumper but didnt believe them when they said £60 seemed fat too cheap! (i think it will have worked out cheaper in the long run)

i got two bump sorted and whole bumper fixed on, one problem though when i paid i presumed they spray the bottom as there as sparce not too deep marks at the bottom when scraping occured leaveing some scrape marks, now at £150 i expect him to spray paint that as well! seem fair too me?!?!?

Not happy.

i dont want to get too agressive which i have a tendancy to do! but i feel this should have been done ill have to ring the guy up 2moro he seems a fair guy, i feel when i come to sell if you look at the bottom of the bumper it has lots of marks which isnt good! this is actually at the very bottom of the back towards the back if you know what i mean, so if you actaully bend down you can seem some.

to top it off i have mot time, service time and new tyres time this month and start of next! sods law :angry:

waht do you guys think?

cheers

if people where more carefull Gordy we wouldn't need to be arrogant

That's the world we live in - THOUGHTLESS DUMB-***** PEOPLE - Just when you don't need them near you they appear.......... :lol:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but £150 isn't bad at all to get it fixed. Not the best time of year to have to fork out more cash though.

Spoken to Morrisons yet?

:lol: my father did this when he had just got his is200, still does in the rx8, although i call him bugger! lol.

i just collected it 15mins ago, was dark so i couldnt see it too clear, looked fine and they have took the bumps out.

i rang up toyota about a complete front t sport bumper but didnt believe them when they said £60 seemed fat too cheap! (i think it will have worked out cheaper in the long run)

i got two bump sorted and whole bumper fixed on, one problem though when i paid i presumed they spray the bottom as there as sparce not too deep marks at the bottom when scraping occured leaveing some scrape marks, now at £150 i expect him to spray paint that as well! seem fair too me?!?!?

Not happy.

i dont want to get too agressive which i have a tendancy to do! but i feel this should have been done ill have to ring the guy up 2moro he seems a fair guy, i feel when i come to sell if you look at the bottom of the bumper it has lots of marks which isnt good! this is actually at the very bottom of the back towards the back if you know what i mean, so if you actaully bend down you can seem some.

to top it off i have mot time, service time and new tyres time this month and start of next! sods law :angry:

waht do you guys think?

cheers

Ive actually just looked at it more, cant really get a good look becuase of the weather and lbeing dark, the was a slight kink it hasnt been sorted and one part is like a F****G wave! and also there about an inch gap from the light to the bumper the other side is spot on, starting to get really hacked off now.... but this is not the time and place!

definetly speaking to the guy 2moro

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links