Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis

robinrcr

Happy New Year to everyone and can anyone help me. My car recently had a main dealer sevice where I was told an oxygen sensor was faulty. Now I have looked about on this site and found out that a sooty sensor could cause the ECU light to come on. I have taken out and cleaned the top 2 which were quite sooty, these were located within inches of where the manifold bolts onto the head I also seem to have another 2 on a level with the bottom of the radiator, presumably 1 for each cylinder. I have tried to find a workshop manual but Haynes are not making them till summer 2006. Does anyone know how these sensors number, are they also known as 'Lambda' sensors. They all have the same co;oured wires coming out from then so are they all duplicates. Incidentally my car is a 2001 2.0 vvti CDX Estate. Also I have tried to reset the computer by pulling out the ECU fuse for 30 minutes but it did'nt reset.

Thank you in anticipation

Robin

may need to replace as they go at about 100k.If you can get code read and replace the one showing failt. go to http://www.gendan.co.uk/article_11.html for info on testing

Search on eBay they are £20.

Also company called lambdasensorO2 in Essex tel 01708 223225 who sell OE fitment for £50 or universal for about £40. You will need 4 wire zirconia sensor. Hope this helps as I have same problem.

Also try pushing brake pedel down twice after removing 15amp EFI fuse, lave for 30 seconds and replace fuse

may need to replace as they go at about 100k.If you can get code read and replace the one showing failt. go to http://www.gendan.co.uk/article_11.html for info on testing

Search on ebay they are £20.

Also company called lambdasensorO2 in Essex tel 01708 223225 who sell OE fitment for £50 or universal for about £40. You will need 4 wire zirconia sensor. Hope this helps as I have same problem.

Also try pushing brake pedel down twice after removing 15amp EFI fuse, lave for 30 seconds and replace fuse

Thanks for that Bryan, incidentally the car has only done 44,000 miles.

sensors can fail that soon. Have beenresearching this problem and many cat suppliers say you should check your sensors at about every 30,000 mles. You can purchase testers or do manualy with analog volt metre with needle (not digital). Test blue signal wire, this should switch between 0.1 - 0.9. 0.45 volts is where EFI switches between rich/lean. They do degrade and in my case think it is reading too lean and riching the mixture too much causing fail at mot. Have replaced 1, should have been sent 2 should get other 1 in the morning. Got 2 universal sensors for £30 0n eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

• 4 months later...

The 1AZ-FSE engine has 4 sensors of which the top 2 are air/fuel sensors and the lower 2 are oxygen sensors. They have a distinguishing 'bread bag' coloured tab on each which is a different colour. Bank 1, Sensor 1 is the top nearside sensor looking from the front of the vehicle. Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the top offside, Bank 1, Sensor 2 is the lower nearside sensor and Bank 2, Sensor 2 is the lower offside. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links