Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle And Squeaks.....

Gnome

Before I posted because of squeaks from what seemed to be the rear driver's side of the car.

Suggestions included greasing the rear door catch, which could've been cuasing the problem.

I've done that recently, but still have the squeak. It seems to be more noticeable at low speed, or when getting in and out of the car, and it wobbles.

If I stand next to it and push the car, it squeaks, but only at the rear driver's side.

Suspension?

Also, does anyoe else have rattly windows? Mine rattle even when up sometimes, but mostly if they're wound done, even if very slightly.

Think I'll be giving Mr T a call again to sort it out.

my front passenger window very occasionally rattles when fully up. a quick down and up motion sort that out tho...

i have a rattle behind the dash i recon too, when i hit about 3000rpm to 4000rpm, annoying too

My front windows rattle sometimes...but that could just be cos of the sub...I find that winding it down slightly then putting them back up stops it normally

The Yaris can be a rattley bag of bones! The windows and dash rattling are not uncommon problems. One of the reviews of the new Yaris said Mr T still hadn't fixed this issue!

As for the squeak, is it like a quieter shopping trolley wheel (only way I can decribe the sound)? Mine had that at one point, seemed to happen when damp. It's gone now though. Weird.

Your car's still under warranty so as you say, take it along to Mr T to check :thumbsup:

I've noticed a little squeek coming from the passenger side of Kaori.... to be honest as long as its doing no harm, I call it character! :lol::lol:

I call it noise pollution. ;)

As some here, know, I'm not a rattle and squeak sort of guy! :lol:

Only rattle Mr T couldn't sort for me, I did myself by following the famous tried and tested, TOC patented, "double sided sticky pads" technique.

Yeah, Gnome, go and give Mr T the headache. :thumbsup:

Lol. Looks like I'll be booking it in then.

The rattles annoy me, purely becuase it sounds like that dude's car form "Pimp My Ride." Ya know, the guy with the totaled 1yr old Toyota, where the glass from his front driver's window is still in the bottom of the door, meaning everytime he shuts the door, all you can hear is rattling glass.... :D

The T3 had a rattly driverside window which was there no-matter how little or much the window was open, took it to MrT who replaced a window seal.

The Yaris Blue didnt do it to begin with, but now the driverside window rattles - most when just open a little bit, if I press against the window with my elbow then it stops it. Can't say either of the Yarii have any squeaks though (yet!).

Would go and get the Yaris Blue sorted but the dealership is a bit of a trek :(

my car is starting to rattle as well, it could be coiming from underneath the car.

It might of happend when I drove through a flooded road, there was a lot of stea/smoke from the front of the car.

my car is starting to rattle as well, it could be coiming from underneath the car.

It might of happend when I drove through a flooded road, there was a lot of stea/smoke from the front of the car.

You are not going to like this, Vmail. Your catalytic converter could have been damaged! The very hot ceramic (in this case, a glass-like material) honeycomb inside the converter shatters easily when it is subjected to an abrupt rapid cooling in cold water by driving through a flooded road. You can check this is broken by shaking the converter gently. Ineffective conversion (failed MOT) and blockage of exhaust fume (poor engine performance) may result. You need to have this confirmed by a garage.

Catalytic Converters:

Haynes Service Manual, Chapter 4B, Section 5 (Precaution section good); and

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa080401a.htm

I also have on and off rattles in my Yaris:

(1) a rapid tapping noise from the passenger glovebox area; it's not loud but cannot be drowned by the normal volume from the radio; and

(2) a faint buzz from the driver's door, around the door lock area.

A sharp slam may or may not stop them. I have promised myself, one of these days, I'm going to remove the dashboard and the door panel to get to the root of this!

__

Bee.

• 2 weeks later...

My T Sport has loads of rattles including the infamous behind the dash rattle. I have given up hope of ever getting them fixed. Truth is that the Yaris is a very rattly car and there is nowt we can do about it. It annoys me because I see it as a fault. My old man says it may be down to the fact that they are stripped upon arrival in the UK to have UK spec bits put in and never the same once put together again.

I live in Kelso and it has these !Removed! cobbles. The shake as you drive over them is horrible and you can almost hear your car crying for mercy. For Gods sake get rid of them and replace with tarmac like the rest of the world. They look crap too. In a crap effort to smooth them or something the local dumbasses at the council thought it a good idea to fill the gaps with tar. Except they just spilled it all over the cobbles instead. It looks like a baby did it. Now it looks totally retarded. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Mines has done 106k and the rattles arent too bad at all - am Im getting on for being anal about such things. Removing all of the stuff you end up keeping the various cubbyholes is the first step.

Then theres the front pillar trim - easy to fix. Then the rear tailgate needing greasing, then its a case of graudally tracking them down.

I find mine does it more on cold mornings - when the plastic is cold ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links