Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Speakers Specs

BigRiz

Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my dashboard Speakers. I have a Japan Vitz model, but I'm assuming most things are the same as in the European Yaris most of you own. The Speakers are producing distortion when I drive the volume up, especially where there is some bass. Here the car audio mugging situation is so bad that I don't want to put Speakers anywhere visible, and ideally I should not change the stereo.. I like it.. it looks like part of the dashboard.

Anyway. I found these top-of the range JBL 4-inch speakers. Specs here: http://jbl.com/car/products/product_detail...cat=POS&ser=POS

I have not yet seen the speakers that are in place so I don't know how they mount. For those who have changed those speakers themselves, do you know if the way the speaker in the image mounts matches? By the way.. how do I open the part where the speakers are? Are there any screws or something, or should I simply pull off the grille?

One last thing. Is the original head unit powerful enough or should I buy an amp?

you have to prise up the plastic grill, dont damage the surrounding plastic

there is two screws holding the speaker in and are a real pain to get to, youll need a stubby screwdriver

thanks guys. just ordered them! Can't wait for them to arrive. Now let's hope they will sound good enough for my ears :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links