Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4d 40k Service

Nosh

Just had the 40K dealer service. £405 for info, cost abit more as the front pads and discs needed replacing, reasonable, as I am the last of the late brakers.

Cheeky b***ers charged me for 'drain and replace' of my screenwash fluid. Given it was brim-full of quality green stuff of my own I was a bit miffed and got a refund. They say they expect customers to specifically ask NOT to do this during a service :eek:

That sounds like a bit of a swiz to me... Glad you told themwhere to go :D

Just out of interest, how much were the discs and pads and how much was the service? Oh yeah, what age is your car too?

Just out of interest...

Cheers,

Alan

Thats an expensive service, not looking forward to that one if its the same for the TS

here the nitty... price does have a 10% discount by booking online. Sheesh, it coulda been even worse!! Car is a 2003

invoice1vn.gif

That's not so bad actually - about £200 for the service (which is a major one) and about £200 for pads and discs.

A

i just had my service on tuesday and I told them not to do the screen wash, saved me a £1

when I got home i checked to make sure they hadn't messed with my induction kit and I found out they had put screen wash in, so I got it for nothing.

does seem quite expensive

I kind of agree with Alan, its' pretty cheap if you take away the brakes, and by my own admission I use them keenly sometimes. I think the only real question would be the oil price...considering they get it bulk. But I'm happy now, had her out for a blast and the new air-filter has made a difference.

Still no beer tho' :P

I would just do the brakes myself, much cheaper! All depends on time and tools i suppose :rolleyes:

Did you actually LOOK at the discs and pads?

I had a 40k service done and suprise suprise the discs and pads were 'dangerously worn' (their words) so I agreed to get it done ... if you search my threads you will get the full story and figures etc.

I put a spoke in their money-making scheme by replacing the discs and pads myself, they were nowhere near worn let alone dangerously so.

When I took them back to have a word and before I even spoke a word they started saying that the discs I was shown were from someone else's car .... I had the discs and pads in a plastic bag in my hand!

I won't be going back there, and I tell the story to every local Toyota owner I come across. Get them back where it hurts most - their pockets :)

Wow, I didn't know that, wish I'd read your posts first. I don't have a garage so unfortunately don't get to examine my cars as well these days. I think the car trade is to a certain degree, crooked. After all, they are the modern equivalent of 'horse-traders'... (an old term for crooks)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links