Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling Rear Door Help Please!

reflexboy

Morning all-As I see this topic has been previously posted about, Im hoping someone here can help. My friend has the RAV-4 rattling back door syndrom. I think we have located the metal guide on the door shut and the door, but it looks like the said rubber is missing hence the rattle. Problem is, she took it to her local Toyota dealer and they said it shouldnt have any rubber on the metal guide and he refused even to take a look! Any chance someone could post a picture of the rear door guide with the rubber on so that I can show this to the dealer and hopefully get somewhere with fixing the problem? Not sure if you can post pics on here, but any chance someone could email it to: jim1971@btinternet.com

Mant thanks in advance, Jim

Morning all-As I see this topic has been previously posted about, Im hoping someone here can help. My friend has the RAV-4 rattling back door syndrom. I think we have located the metal guide on the door shut and the door, but it looks like the said rubber is missing hence the rattle. Problem is, she took it to her local Toyota dealer and they said it shouldnt have any rubber on the metal guide and he refused even to take a look! Any chance someone could post a picture of the rear door guide with the rubber on so that I can show this to the dealer and hopefully get somewhere with fixing the problem? Not sure if you can post pics on here, but any chance someone could email it to: jim1971@btinternet.com

If you mean the guide that guides the lock onto the catch, then I don't remember there being any rubber on it. However, if I rmember correctly, there is a rubber stop, one at the top and one at the bottom, of the door opening that the door can rest on when closed. Maybe you have lost those?

If you mean the guide that guides the lock onto the catch, then I don't remember there being any rubber on it. However, if I rmember correctly, there is a rubber stop, one at the top and one at the bottom, of the door opening that the door can rest on when closed. Maybe you have lost those?

Hi-thanks for your reply. I seem to have the rubber stops, top and bottom, in place. I am refering to the metal guide, about 40 cm below the door lock catch. Any ideas? Thanks-Jimbo

Hi-thanks for your reply. I seem to have the rubber stops, top and bottom, in place. I am refering to the metal guide, about 40 cm below the door lock catch. Any ideas? Thanks-Jimbo

Right, finally got around to checking mine. The metal guide does not have any rubber associated with it. There are the two rubber stops, top and bottom, and the rubber seal around the door opening and that is all I can see on mine. Tried to take some photos but a phone camera in an underground car park is not the best way!

Are you sure the rattle is not inside the door, if you shake the door while it's open do you hear it? Also, have you checked the storage bins in the sides of the boot area to make sure it's not some thing sitting in one of them rattling - such as a nut, bolt or even a stone?

Right, finally got around to checking mine. The metal guide does not have any rubber associated with it. There are the two rubber stops, top and bottom, and the rubber seal around the door opening and that is all I can see on mine. Tried to take some photos but a phone camera in an underground car park is not the best way!

Are you sure the rattle is not inside the door, if you shake the door while it's open do you hear it? Also, have you checked the storage bins in the sides of the boot area to make sure it's not some thing sitting in one of them rattling - such as a nut, bolt or even a stone?

Many thanks for your reply and attepting to take a pic. Ok, so I have establised there is no rubber where I thought it was. It is deffo the door, as when i get someone to drive the car and sit in the back, if I push/hold the door with outwards pressure the rattle stops. It doesnt make a noise when i shake the door in the open position. That only leaves one thing now-Adjust the lock clasp in a bit, as when its shut I am able to to reproduce the noise by pushing the door in. I think I will adjust the door in a bit and try that. Thanks again for your help. will let you know how I get on. Jim.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links