Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throttle Body

zebidi

anyone ever thought of the idea of boreing out the throttle body? would an uneven finish e.g slightly oval shape destroy the car? does it have to be a perfect circle to replace it

plus there no point whatsoever in doing it :P

your gonna gain nothing, its more of an extreme mod to just squeeze the smallest extra amounts of air in. And the yaris doesnt use a restrictive fancy one, just a normal butterfly throttle

anyone ever thought of the idea of boreing out the throttle body? would an uneven finish e.g slightly oval shape destroy the car? does it have to be a perfect circle to replace it

hasnt some yaris owners over in the greek owner club done this, they were getting 160, ask bifotos?

inlet ports and inlet manifold will still be the same size so i cant see any advantage if your not going to do the lot.

now doing that, then yes... the throttle body is about a 2inch tract, modding that is gonna take you nowehre

sorry, i ditn mean just the throttle body with the butterfly, but also the resin inlet manifold, where it connects. that way more air is getting in.

If turbos force more air into the engine without the need of any work to the inlet manifold and ports surely letting more air into the engine will give increase in power. the ecu will elarn to inject more fuel.

yes now thats true, a custom made high flow inlet and if you have a big valve setup made for the head then your away

but the standard ecu wont just learn that, its far too extreme for it, itll need a piggyback for definate

and your easily looking at around 2-2.5k for all the work ;)

you will get a benifis by carefuly opening out the ports and throttle body or just the throttle body itself if you increase the plenum area. however its swings and roundabouts on an N/A, what you gain in BHP you will lose on Torque and as we all know torque is what you drive. you would also need a programmable ecu to as incrasing the airflow is going to upset the mapping

Power Enterprise Camcon allows fuel and air to mapped

thats a very good point, after i posted yesterday i was thinking surely the normal ecu will be able to change the map itself as long as it wasnt too extreme

thats a very good point, after i posted yesterday i was thinking surely the normal ecu will be able to change the map itself as long as it wasnt too extreme

Only one way to find out!!! :D

am i the guinea pig chris? lol i did think of attacking it today with a powerdrill but the brass monkeys are hopping about more than ever lately (it's Fu@(!|\|G cold lol)

plan would be to remove throttle and inlet manifold and just TRYING to bore it out that little bit. Either way it gets a good clean anyway so it cant be bad. maybe when the weather gets better.

Have lots of aliminium left from relocation, was thinking about building an air box, OR fishing a headlamp from eBay and gutting it to make a headlight ram.

I have a celica throttle body for mine when i get the turbo on.

it 2 1/4 inch instead of the normal 2 inch yaris one.

am i the guinea pig chris? lol i did think of attacking it today with a powerdrill but the brass monkeys are hopping about more than ever lately (it's Fu@(!|\|G cold lol)

plan would be to remove throttle and inlet manifold and just TRYING to bore it out that little bit. Either way it gets a good clean anyway so it cant be bad. maybe when the weather gets better.

Have lots of aliminium left from relocation, was thinking about building an air box, OR fishing a headlamp from eBay and gutting it to make a headlight ram.

not quite as eays as boring it out "a little" :rolleyes:...

I have a celica throttle body for mine when i get the turbo on.

it 2 1/4 inch instead of the normal 2 inch yaris one.

are you using the original inlet manifold nick? or are you replacing it with something exciting? :D

the standard ECU will compensate for a small mod like an air filter, i dare say you put it on the limit with a full exhaust system

No I am not using the plastic inlet manifold. i dont think the throttle bodies match up from what i have been told.

i havnt got the replacement manifold made up

The air flow meter is calibrated with the specific throttle body. If you touch it without modding the fuel and ignition maps (via piggy back or stand alone ECU), you will destroy the way your car behaves. In addition to that you are going to have a constant yellow lamp on your dash. Don't touch it...

The air flow meter is calibrated with the specific throttle body. If you touch it without modding the fuel and ignition maps (via piggy back or stand alone ECU), you will destroy the way your car behaves. In addition to that you are going to have a constant yellow lamp on your dash. Don't touch it...

this bloke talks sense :yes::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links