Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Tinted My Rear Lenses!

97paseo

Got my rear lenses' tinted! Much better & only cost £12!!! :D

Before:

Rear_Cluster.jpg

After:

after.jpg

After Rear:

Rear_after.jpg

B)

The indicators still show amber, not sure about the reverse & covered the reflector when sprayed so thats unchanged.

You can still see the amber a little but it looks so much better, i'm happy with it! :D

they look cool :thumbsup:

Nice touch there mate :yes:

jerry!!

Looks really good mate.

What did you spray them with?

i have been thinkin of doing that to my celica.

Sprayed them with normal red tinting spray, it was a mission trying to find some! Everywhere has black (for all those 1 litre Fiestas & Saxo's :lol:).

So what is it called and where did you get it?

Any car place will stock it, you might even find it in Halfords, it's just 'lense tinting spray' :huh: Comes in various colours ;)

It makes a world of difference doesn't it.

Looking good...... :thumbsup:

lookin good dude.... its been a while since i been on here... so much to catch up on!!!

so is that stuff sprayed on the inside or out? wonder what yellow spray will look lilke on mine? <_<

got some clear led indicators today... i'll put em on soon...

well i got bored so put the indicators on 2nite. will post pics as soon as i can be bothered to take pics of em :)

WHAT DID I TELL YA?! Piece of :censor: to do aswell eh, it looks really good, saw you pullin out of work today, spotted them a mile off, well worth the effort, perhaps now youll take may advice more often!

Ill have whats left of that can(i know theyll be loads left)plan on doing that to my celica whenst purchased- yes the pug has finally gone, didnt you get that message i sent?! SWEEEEET!

Corsas goin in the autotrader soon, 2litre gT here i come... B)

WHAT DID I TELL YA?! Piece of :censor: to do aswell eh, it looks really good, saw you pullin out of work today, spotted them a mile off, well worth the effort, perhaps now youll take may advice more often!

Ill have whats left of that can(i know theyll be loads left)plan on doing that to my celica whenst purchased- yes the pug has finally gone, didnt you get that message i sent?! SWEEEEET!

Corsas goin in the autotrader soon, 2litre gT here i come... B)

:lol: Yea Yea!!! I know!!! Looks wicked tho huh?! (Loads left in can :thumbsup:)

Got the message bout the Pug just couldn't believe it was finally on its way! :P

Catch ya soon!! B)

so is that stuff sprayed on the inside or out? wonder what yellow spray will look lilke on mine? <_<

got some clear led indicators today... i'll put em on soon...

No its sprayed on the outside, yellow might look cool!

Proper clear side repeators is one of the best mods I've done I think, well cool.

i know this idea seems a bit out there, but im gonna give it a go n report back on my findings....

basically, my bro in law is an optician and has all that **** to tint lenses n that.... basically there is one solution that gets rid of all tinting and cleans the plastic/glass lenses.

so im thinkin of maybe trying dipping my rear clusters in there to see what happens... then maybe he can smoke em in ANY colour i want, surely then all i need is coloured bulbs...

which reminds me, im ready to destroy my front blinkers to get them clear too.... any seo owner may notice when they take the casing out of the hole that its just an orange plastic cover thing that makes the lights blink that colour... im plannin on smashin them out and just dropping them silver effet bulbs in to get a complete clear front end... what u guys reckon? possible? i notice a little pattern on the orange case thing, not sure if thats need to diffuse the light in certain directions..?

any advice? dont worry, im booked in for a shrink too ;)

any seo owner may notice when they take the casing out of the hole that its just an orange plastic cover thing that makes the lights blink that colour... im plannin on smashin them out and just dropping them silver effet bulbs in to get a complete clear front end... what u guys reckon? possible? i notice a little pattern on the orange case thing, not sure if thats need to diffuse the light in certain directions..?

any advice? dont worry, im booked in for a shrink too ;)

First idea sounds like its worth a go!

As for the fronts I have attempted this in the past, was going to do exactly the same thing as you but couldn't get the lenses apart to remove the orange bit, smashing them is one option but how can you be sure they will break into small enough pieces to get them through the bulb hole? :wacko:

Give it a go though if you think its poss & let me know what happens!! :thumbsup:

screwdriver or drill to smash t fu :censor: er out... then i got a wire cutter thing whose jaws over lap each other with two sharp fang type things on the end... im sure i could crush it to bits small enough...

but does thast pattern have a purpose or not?

I don't think so as I'm sure I've seen pics of US Seo's without them, I might have another go!!

I do need a new offside indicator lense first though as I can't cure it misting, might PM J & see if his mate is still breaking his car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links