Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bucket Seats

Seany

Right then, got a huge problem! Got a set of Cobra bucket seats, hoping they'd fit to my original subframes...but they don't. Ring Cobra, they don't do a subframe for the Yaris, or any other Toyota, or make uni frames anymore (but they wouldn't fit anyway even if they did!). Someone told me to try Corbeau, they haven't done one for the Yaris, but maybe a Corolla one would fit.

Can anyone tell me if the floorpan in the Corolla is the same style as the Yaris? Or of any car with the same layout as the Yaris? Plzzz....i'm desperate!!

As a last resort, i'll have to weld a set of runners onto the original Yaris subframes...is it safe do u think?

Sean

Hi mate I had the same problem for my 98 corolla I could not find anyone who would supply a sub frame I tried speaking to demon-tweeks but they dont have one even there universal subframe would not fit. I tired corbeau, sparco, momo and cobra and no bugger had one :crybaby:

I have had to make the frames up myself but its an ***** :crybaby: I have a pair or subaru wrx seats that came with a sub frame but that did not fit so I had to make one up.

Should be allright with the runners mate. I reckon you could get a pair of the sliding runners from demon I think there about £50 then make up the mounts and weld them on should be ok :thumbsup:

Should be allright with the runners mate. I reckon you could get a pair of the sliding runners from demon I think there about £50 then make up the mounts and weld them on should be ok

What'd u mean make up the mounts? I was thinking, if i had 2 do it this way, i would use the original subframes and get the runners chopped off, then just weld the new runners on...?

Have you got harnesses? Are they road legal cuz in the Yaris, the seatbelt is part of the chair!!!

Sorry mate I ment seat mount brackets :thumbsup:

On my car the subaru seats that I brought came with subframes on them. The Mounting brackets that fix the seat to the car where not in the right position so I had to cut them offf and make a new set of brackets up so they where able to match up with the mounting holes on from the old seat B)

nope dont have harnesses mate no point I would lose my rear seats!!!!

Sorry mate I ment seat mount brackets :thumbsup:

On my car the subaru seats that I brought came with subframes on them. The Mounting brackets that fix the seat to the car where not in the right position so I had to cut them offf and make a new set of brackets up so they where able to match up with the mounting holes on from the old seat B)

nope dont have harnesses mate no point I would lose my rear seats!!!!

Knowlson,

What did you do with your old seats??

Nath :blink:

could be worth givin konig a call as they even do a subframe for 2cv or call evolution in essex they could probably make somthing up 4 u if u call them ask to speak to jason and say ed with the sera sent you they should be helpfull

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links