Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio/cd Fault

Cabbage

I own a 1992 Yaris SR and it has recently developed a radio/CD fault. About once every minute the radio or CD (which ever is playing) goes dead for a second or two as if it is searching for another station. It then continues on the same station (wavelength) or continues playing the CD. It is extremely irritating. I have tried turning off the traffic news mode but this makes no difference.

If I take it to Mr T he will no doubt try and insist it will need a new Radio/CD? Has anybody any idea what the fault is? Also, has anybody any idea how much Mr T will charge to fit the Toyota standard fit Radio/CD?

are you sure a 1992? anyway, sorry i don't know what the fault is BUT i know you can get a replacement cd player unit from eBay, and with the guide in the "how to" section of the website fit it yourself (either that or ask a local member to help you).

I own a 1992 Yaris SR and it has recently developed a radio/CD fault. About once every minute the radio or CD (which ever is playing) goes dead for a second or two as if it is searching for another station. It then continues on the same station (wavelength) or continues playing the CD. It is extremely irritating. I have tried turning off the traffic news mode but this makes no difference.

If I take it to Mr T he will no doubt try and insist it will need a new Radio/CD? Has anybody any idea what the fault is? Also, has anybody any idea how much Mr T will charge to fit the Toyota standard fit Radio/CD?

This sounds like one of those common faults Mr T was telling me about when i had an electrical fault which affects the radio.

On the old Phase 1 Yarii, water can sometimes run down the inside of the aerial cable into the headunit and create random electrical faults (it was fixed on some later revisions). It could also be a loose connection on the back, or a loose connection on the back of the Battery.

I'd pull the radio out (See the "HOW TO's" on the forum) and check all the connections, and check the aerial for moist-ness!

Also, are you sure you're cars a 1992?? That would make it a J or K reg, and i'm sure the Yaris didnt appear until S?? Don't quote me on that though!!

This sounds like one of those common faults Mr T was telling me about when i had an electrical fault which affects the radio.

On the old Phase 1 Yarii, water can sometimes run down the inside of the aerial cable into the headunit and create random electrical faults (it was fixed on some later revisions). It could also be a loose connection on the back, or a loose connection on the back of the Battery.

I'd pull the radio out (See the "HOW TO's" on the forum) and check all the connections, and check the aerial for moist-ness!

Also, are you sure you're cars a 1992?? That would make it a J or K reg, and i'm sure the Yaris didnt appear until S?? Don't quote me on that though!!

:lol: WOW!!! great island green minds think alike!!!!!! :lol:

It's T (1999) I believe Rob...

I didnt quote you on that! ;) :lol:

It does sound a lot like the old "moistness" problem though - not really worth going to Mr T - they will charge you a fortune for very little work - you're better off, as Rob said, following the "How-to" guide and DIY'ing it! :thumbsup:

Good luck - hope you get it sorted! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links