Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking When Brake/accel - Wheel Moves!

adamgt

Went to get my Tein lowering springs fitted today. Garage called me and said the wont fit them till i fix my suspension as its dangerous. :crybaby:

When i brake and accelerate there is a knocking noise. today they showed me what was actually happening... the wheel moves about 1.5 inch in each direction towards each arch. :unsure:

I remember leeky was buying suspension parts recently and said he got good service and prices. I need to know what the part is that i need and where to get it (plus any other advice :rolleyes: )... please

They marked the part that needs replacing yellow and i have taken a pic:

Photo-0178.jpg

Figure of 8 and Lower Arm :thumbsup:

I ended up taking GT4 Boosters advice and getting the parts from TCB.

www.tcbparts.co.uk

Just called TCB. they said the 2 parts are £305 all in, but gotta wait 3-4 weeks for them to come in from Japan :crybaby:

£100 dearer at the dealers , but no waiting

not saying , but do check the small ball joint on the end of camber arm . if that pops out you will lose your steering.

i have a used fig 8 you can have for £ 10 plus postage.

£389 all in Gotta love 15% Gold Member discount says leeky.

£389 all in Gotta love 15% Gold Member discount says leeky.

i got quoted £305 though.. :huh:

Just remind me how much it is to go gold again :P

http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/

cant belieive you had not noticed if it was as bad as they say .

I had noticed the knock but didnt really know what was actually happening down there when it was doing it. The guy at the garage jumped in my car and said watch the front wheel. he accelerated and braked harshly in a small space and the wheel was all over the place :(

now i have chavs in 1.4 corsas thinking they are beating a GT4 as im too scared to put my foot down :P

Im gonna drive really carefully as i dont know what will happen if that part goes... wheel fall off or somethin. Someone i know with a scooby STI RA just had there front wheel fall off when they were doing about 40-50 :wacko:

now i have chavs in 1.4 corsas thinking they are beating a GT4 as im too scared to put my foot down :P

I hope he's not getting at you there GT4_Booster :P

you need this ss_fig8link.jpg & this ss_tca.jpg

You should do both, as yeah you may get away with doing just the one. But the other part has a short life span. So you will eventually be paying twice for the same job.

you need this ss_fig8link.jpg & this ss_tca.jpg

You should do both, as yeah you may get away with doing just the one. But the other part has a short life span. So you will eventually be paying twice for the same job.

but from cheaptoyotaparts the part on the right is £289 alone. GT4_booster said the parts i need would be 293 and i called TCB and asked for a figure of 8 and a lower arm and they quoted me 305 all in. am i ordering the right parts?

Just saw your post in the GT4 section. It looks like you did get the two parts pictured above for £293? if so then i guess i am ordering the right parts from them at £305ish (vat was worked out in his head) :help:

Just saw your post in the GT4 section. It looks like you did get the two parts pictured above for £293? if so then i guess i am ordering the right parts from them at £305ish (vat was worked out in his head) :help:

You have delivery on top of the £293 ;) My parts came to about £305 :thumbsup:

cheaptoyotaparts they are not.

Thanks for the help lads, i have now ordered the parts. :thumbsup:

The lower arm from TCB all in at £240.87

The fig of 8 from cheaptoyotaparts.com all in at £89

Total order = 329.87

Ordered the fig of 8 from cheaptoyotaparts.com as TCB are out of stock for 3-4 weeks which is a bit long to wait considering the condition or my car... and for the sake of around £25 :yes:

look to leekys post for the torque settings - giv us a shout if you need fitting help.

look to leekys post for the torque settings - giv us a shout if you need fitting help.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Although i am getting a garage to do it at the same time as my springs.

:group-cuddles:

Fair play :thumbsup: If you've never done the job before its a son of a bi@tch! Too me 2 days on my attempt :lol: Although that was because i didnt have the right tools and didnt really know exactly what i was doing.

Could probabaly do it again within 3-4hrs :thumbsup:

Fair play :thumbsup: If you've never done the job before its a son of a bi@tch! Too me 2 days on my attempt :lol: Although that was because i didnt have the right tools and didnt really know exactly what i was doing.

Could probabaly do it again within 3-4hrs :thumbsup:

doing superstrut for the first time makes you admire those men who work in garages. :yes::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links