Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Toyota Recall

Avensis116

:D Finally toyota call my avensis in to change the onboard computer to solve the range issue.

Im going there to check the part number tomorrow, and coming back again another day to replace the computer. :thumbsup:

what was the problem with your on board computer? I've got an 03 avensis T3x and recently the range has been acting very strange.

Set off with say 110 miles showing and in the course of a 3 mile trip it drops to 60 miles! Its done this a couple of times & it is strangely always drops to 60 miles. However, the fuel gauge shows just under half full which would be around the 100+ mark.

Its off to Mr Toyota for its 3 yr service on Monday & want them to get it looked at. If you've something similar it will give me ammo incase they try to fob me off.

• 1 month later...

AS a follow up, on my onbaord computer range problem.

The dealer came back and said that it was my fault, as I should manually reset the computer each time I fill up as it can be out by 10% each time. They've told me twice & it still doesn't wash with me. Finally rang up Toyota's premuim rate technical support line & was told that

1) the new avensis Auto resets on a fill up

2) there is a modified Combination Meter that can be fitted (under warrantee) to fix this know problem!

SO its back to the dealer to get fixed (or else!)

I wish it did not :!Removed!:

2) there is a modified Combination Meter that can be fitted (under warrantee) to fix this know problem!

Interesting! My range is off too but I think it boils down to that the stupid trip computer keeps resetting itself especially when reversing up a hill.

Interesting! My range is off too but I think it boils down to that the stupid trip computer keeps resetting itself especially when reversing up a hill.

Hate to appear thick but how do you reset the range and av mpg etc on a 2000 cdx

Steve

Hate to appear thick but how do you reset the range and av mpg etc on a 2000 cdx

Steve

press trip button till you get av mpg hold trip button then you hear a bleep and it restets, press trip button again till you get range press hold trip button it will then bleep again and thats reset.

Steve

press trip button till you get av mpg hold trip button then you hear a bleep and it restets, press trip button again till you get range press hold trip button it will then bleep again and thats reset.

Cheers mate

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links