Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns 200 - Set Destination By Post Code?

GrahamUK

I thought I once saw somewhere description of the ability to set the destination by post code in the TNS 200 navigation system, but I can't find any way to do this on my system. Does anyone know how to do this?

If not, is there any other way of setting a destination of a place that does not have a full street address (for example a tourist attraction that is not listed in the points of interest). The list of 'points of interest' doesn't seem to be very comprehensive.

I have the Nov 01 CD

Graham

I could not find a post code option either.

For your second question I choose the town and then any street address that is near to my detination. On arrival ask a local.

My TNS 200 did not know Thorton Cleveleys, Near Blackpool.

The TNS 200 does leave a lot to be desired. I am hoping the 2006 CD will be bettter. I was going to buy TOM TOM but funds for that are not available as yet.

Didn't know a 2006 CD was going to be available as I was under the impression updates no longer being released on CD.

Aren't the CDs expensive (almost as expensive as a standalone new system)?

Perhaps thats because its THORNTON ;)

Perhaps thats because its THORNTON ;)

I've tried a few things it didn't know. I was very surprised it didn't know Alton Towers

TNS200 is a tired old system now. I don't think they will bring a new CD out and as mentioned who will pay £130 + when you can get a complete Tom Tom for around £250.

Postcode entry is not possible.

Here is a link to the full users guide for the TNS200 -

TNS200 PDF - Slow Loader

i havent tried it, but its either when u enter in a town or a road name that i think if u type in a post code, it might accept it. it isnt the most efficient system made but its better than nothing and i got it for free (2nd hand car)

btw - the CD for it is £160

Toyota customer care assured me that the TNS 200 CD will still be supported and a new CD would be out this year. This information came after I ordered a CD update from the dealer last year and he got me a DVD update. The dealer gave me information that the CD TNS 200 system was no longer supported. Customer care assured me this was not the case.

Yes agree about THORNTON. It did not know it.

• 3 weeks later...

Toyota customer care assured me that the TNS 200 CD will still be supported and a new CD would be out this year. This information came after I ordered a CD update from the dealer last year and he got me a DVD update. The dealer gave me information that the CD TNS 200 system was no longer supported. Customer care assured me this was not the case.

Yes agree about THORNTON. It did not know it.

I bought a new Yaris in 2002 and was very disappointed with sat nav. (Couldn't find streets that I know had existed for 2 years. Sending me down very small unlisted roads even though I had set the average speed very low and the route to the quickest!) I complained to the dealer many times and they said that there was nothing wrong with it and that I needed to update the CD. Eventually they agreed last year that they would supply me with the latest CD at cost. I reluctantly accepted (dated March '04). It still didnt have streets that has existed for over two years. I regret the day I had the TNS 200 fitted because even if you could get a reasonable updated disk the price is extortionate!! I love the car but their after care info is non extistant. When it comes to selling the car there wont be any point saying it is fitted with satnav because it is so out of date

the tns 300 is better more points of interest etc.does not have postcodes but you can input telephone numbers for hospitals and other important places. i had tns 200 and upgraded it by getting one off eBay :thumbsup:

What features does the TNS300 have that the TNS200 doesn't ?

I've read somewhere that to upgrade is simply a case of unplugging the TNS200 cd box and replacing it with the TNS300 dvd box - is that right ? Also, does the dvd have more mapping detail that the cd ? Any advice welcome !

Thanks.

its dvd based so carries maps of europe, has more points of interest,i.e petrol stations, restaurants etc the maps and guidance is, i prefer it to the 200. :thumbsup:

Thanks - have you upgraded ? Before I splash out my dosh, is it simply a case of unplugging the TNS200 cd box and plugging the TNS300 box in ? Also, is it fully functional with the head unit designed for a TNS200 ?

Cheers

Thanks - have you upgraded ? Before I splash out my dosh, is it simply a case of unplugging the TNS200 cd box and plugging the TNS300 box in ? Also, is it fully functional with the head unit designed for a TNS200 ?

Cheers

i believe its just the box you got to change, i did upgrade it on an earlier avensis and it worked fine :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I have the dvd version and yes, it does not match up to the TOM TOM in any shape or form. The wife has one and its a constant battle to see who gets to it first !! The 2006 dvd ??? Is this true, and if so, anyone know if it will have postcode search? If not then they may as well bin the project because it just won't sell as said previously, the tomtom is coming down in price rapidly now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links