Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

195/50/15

Tara

Hiya,

I've just bought an '03 plate Yaris T-sport. It came with the standard 15" alloys and 185/55/15 tyres and although all the tyres are new, they are cheap and nasty!

I've done a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So I'm wondering if 195/50/15 tyres will fit one the standard rims? I think (correct me if I'm worng) that the standard rims are 6J? So the 195 width should be ok? Will I have and problems with scuffing the inside of the arches when it's on full lock? And has anyone else done this?

Also, when I was driving home I noticed the power steering was making a weird (rubbing?) noise when going round roundabouts - is it nothing to worry about, or should I take it back to the garage to get it checked out?

Thanks in advance,

Tara

Yeah, 195/50 R15 will fit but personally I'd go for 195/45 R15 as they'll look better! :yes::thumbsup:

Yeah, 195/50 R15 will fit but personally I'd go for 195/45 R15 as they'll look better! :yes::thumbsup:

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with the 50 profile - they're cheaper and I need a full set ASAP.

i use the 195/50/15's great tyres :) join gold membership + you can use a discount......

What are the discounts like on the Gold membership?

Thanks,

Tara

i use the 195/50/15's great tyres :) join gold membership + you can use a discount......

What are the discounts like on the Gold membership?

Very good! :P

Really cheap tyres along with many more benefits! :yes::thumbsup:

Really cheap tyres along with many more benefits! :yes::thumbsup:

Do you buy Toyo's in this size as i had a check on Gold discount site and can only find T1-r's in 195/50 R15?

tara: they will fit i had them on my last t sport,

as regards the gold discount its only ever certain tyres the full range are available at www.mytyres.com but a tad dearer

i swear by toyos ive had 195.45 and 195.50's

I got 2 Toyo T1-S fitted and balanced including VAT for £110 today. That's me happy again! :D :thumbsup:

That was 195/45 R15 btw! :)

T1s' better for yari as it says T1r's are designed for "sport coupes and sedans"? didnt think it would make a difference what car they were designed for! Can someone properly describe the differences between the two in normal words and give advantages of each? Cheers

In normal words - the S is an older version of the R and you'll find it harder to find stock of the S as time goes on ...

Davey - correct me if Im wrong

Yep... the T1-r is a newer version of the T1-s, but Toyo still manufacture both tyres... and we can still get the T1-s.

t1s.jpg

T1-s

T1-R.jpg

T1-r

The feedback from our costomers is that there isn't muchdifference in performance, but the T1-r is a lot quieter on the road... but i would think that during a bit of spirited driving near the limit, then the T1-r would be better.

Tara.. it's a local company (Grangemouth) and at 40 quid fitted.. it's a fairly good price.

Tara.. it's a local company (Grangemouth) and at 40 quid fitted.. it's a fairly good price.

Yeah sounds good, much better than the ones the car came with by far!

Cheers everyone for all the help :)

Think I'll be going for the T1-R's next, but can get Yoko A539's for £23.50 each, and I'll get them fitted for nowt anyway :D

Think I'll be going for the T1-R's next, but can get Yoko A539's for £23.50 each, and I'll get them fitted for nowt anyway :D

the yokos are very poor cant see where the good words come from, earpl had a set and they were shocking,

as regards toyos i go for the T1-s rather than the r's as the tread pattern is nicer the s is only 1 quid cheaper with the gold discount, (the gold discount is spot on for tyres btw)

the yokos are very poor cant see where the good words come from, earpl had a set and they were shocking,

as regards toyos i go for the T1-s rather than the r's as the tread pattern is nicer the s is only 1 quid cheaper with the gold discount, (the gold discount is spot on for tyres btw)

I don't know what the Gold discounts are like.. but remember you have to add a fitting charge on top of the price (usually around 8 - 12 quid per tyre depending on where you go).. someone correct me if i'm wrong on a fitting charge.

These days I call the local place (in Kettering) and tell them that Envy can supply the tyres for a price - and will they match the price including fitting.. we usually end up haggling a bit ...

I got the last pair of T1Rs fitted on my black standard rims for £80 - the guy in the garage wasnt impressed but would rather he had the business. If all else fails I just get Kev to send them down from Envy and then bung a fitter a tenner...

The Tread Pattern is nicer as in to look at? Aren't the T1-R ultimately better as they have less road noise and are the new edition of T1-s so i would guess an improvement? And like you said at only a quids difference surely you would get the better of the two? :S Just Wondered on your guys opinions of this.

Hardly any difference in performance I'd imagine and Lee is right, the tread pattern looks much better on the T1-S! I just went for T1-S again! :thumbsup:

Cool but ultimately T1-r's are the better performing right? Even if it means less noise it only a quid more so probably worth it? And who cares what the treads looks like when your arches are hugging it? :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links