Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Mileage Toyotas Required For Magazine Feature

Paul Walton

Hello,

My name is Paul Walton and I am a freelance journalist working for the Toyota's customer magazine, IF. I'm writing a feature on owners of high milage Toyotas – any model, any age and with over 300,000 miles on the clock.

If you have or know of anyone with such a car and would be interested in taking part (it will involve a quick photo and a brief chat with yours truly) please contact me via e-mail (paul@paulwalton.co.uk).

I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Paul Walton

www.paulwalton.co.uk

300,000... wow... thats a lot... :thumbsup: good luck in your search... I feel like a baby with my 104k now hehe :lol:

yeh quite abit! my mates dad did have his corolla which went round the clock but sold now sorry

300,000 miles! I wasn't even sure cars would last up to that amount...good luck in finding some :thumbsup:

Both out daily driver supras have 170k.... and still better then most "new" cars to drive...

But you are after 300k... and My car is in the next feature anyway :!Removed!:

I got an old Carina E diesel estate for work (the Astra deisel is now dead :)) that has done 159,000.. still runs very good..

(the Astra deisel is now dead :))

Excellent work Davy, took you long enough though didn't it? Ah well, better late than never.

Back on topic: Sorry, haven't heard of any cars even close to 300,000 miles I'm afraid, mine hasn't even done 30,000 yet

Hello,

My name is Paul Walton and I am a freelance journalist working for the Toyota's customer magazine, In Front. I'm writing a feature on owners of high milage Toyotas – any model, any age and with over 300,000 miles on the clock.

If you have or know of anyone with such a car and would be interested in taking part (it will involve a quick photo and a brief chat with yours truly) please contact me via e-mail (paul@paulwalton.co.uk).

I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Paul Walton

www.paulwalton.co.uk

** merged with the previous thread you posted about exactly the same thing :)

give clarky another year or so and im sure he will be there!

i cant see why a toyota wouldnt be able to go that far, probably a hilux or landcruiser will most likely have that amount of millage

The older engines would .. I recon the 4agze's and 3sgte's would be still going strong 300k in.

Not sure about the new wave of VVTLi's .. I've heard of them throwing a wobbler just out the factory.

my MR2 has only got 48k :lol:

clarkys yaris has been to the moon though

my MR2 has only got 48k :lol:

clarkys yaris has been to the moon though

Hi

Does anyone know how I can get hold of Clarky? And does his car really have a high mileage?

Any help would be gratefully received. This feature will be the death of me!

pw

It probably wont be i your 300k range... but you can PM him.... username is 'Clarky'

Might be worth asking in the Avensis forums. There appears to be a few taxi drivers in there and they must clock up some distance.

• 7 months later...

I've an '98 avensis (S) with 310,000 miles on the clock, apart from servicing and the usual (Battery, starter brakes) it never gave a days trouble in the 5 years of taxi work it has done.

The engine is running as well as ever and gearbox etc are all perfect too.

I have decided to retire the old girl and recently put it through the mot without any problem and am just wondering what to do with it now.

Can't see a crowd beating a path to my door if I put it in the classifieds though!

Like some one as already said i didn't think i can could do that many miles. My Celi has done 128000 and still running sweet :D and i though that was high, but obviously not. Good luck in finding some :D

The thread was started back in January so i presume the cars have a few more miles on.. :P

• 2 years later...

Hey Paul my name is Kevin O'Brien. I'm 18 from Danville Vt and I got a 2000 Tundra that just hit 367000 miles the other day. It is currently my everyday driver. I drive it to work, to school, to distant jobs, basically wherever. I've took it on long trips and never had a problem. It's currently my senior project and its frame, trim and rims are being repainted. Its green and black with a custom look to it and it runs like a champ. I haven't had to spend a whole lot of money in parts yet cause it doesn't seem to have too many problems. People will come up to me and say "hey that's a nice truck u got, how many miles does it have?"... I tell em and then I have to show them the odometer because they don't believe me. I love this truck and I hope I'll still have it when I'm 30. I got to get my camera up and runnin so i'll send a pic of it soon!:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links