Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member And New Estima Lucida 2.2 Td

skulz768

Hello People This is my very first message on the board also my very first time on this forum so be gentle with me, anyways will be going tommorow morning to pick up my very first lucida 2.2TD what should I be looking out for on the car, what colour smoke any funny noises or smells also they have mentioned a possible fault with the turbo unit, is there anyway i can check or test it?

regards.

Karim

(PS does anybody know of a insurance company where I can get some quotes f rom)

karim aa for insurance. best advice if its noisey or smokey dont buy it.

just browse all estima topics for problems and advice.my estima lucida has 116,000 on it and its clean as a wistle.

cheers ray

Hi Ray

thanx for the reply, Ive actually got it now,checked it out, engine sounds sweet as a nut no rattles or knocks no smoke drives spot on with smooth gear change, but on the way back i was travelling at around 70-80mph and on hard acceleration it made a whooshing noise and with some slight hesitation as if it wanted to go but was held back, when moving off i cannot hear the turbo but when i accelrate quite hard it makes a whooshing/hissing sound. any ideas

just the waste gate if you hit throttle hard and release it will go whooshe

other than that you generally dont hear it.have a great drive.would reconmend a full filter and oil change though.

i use an additive activ8 look it up on there web site.i get 35-40 mpg

easy to start and no pully whines

KARIM I USE IT ALL THE TIME SINCE I TESTED IT AT THE MOTORCYCLE SHOW IN LONDON.IT DOES ACTUALLY WORK.YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERANCE STRAIGHT AWAY.

CHERS RAY

Thanx Ray, I Managed to find some info on the net and it does sound very good, will defo get some in that engine, it is a bit pricey though!!

best regards

karim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links