Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Audio Controls On Aftermarket Headunit

chenks

i have looked and looked but can't seem to find any cable/convertor that will allow steering audio controls on an aftermarket headunit

autoleads don't do one for sure (they do every car except toyota it seems)

has anyone succesfully fitted an aftermarket headunit and kept the controls on the steering wheel ??

i specifically want to fit a sony... but won't unless i can keep the steering controls.

is the denison kit for the standard toyota headunit going to work with your new sony headunit?

The Dension is actually a Ipod > IceLink > Sony > Toyota adaptor so it should I'd guess.

yes it does..

you just removed the "black box" part of it.. and plug the cable straight into the sony headunit

scratch that ... just phoned the place and that kit doesn't work with the new toyotas. :(

scratch that ... just phoned the place and that kit doesn't work with the new toyotas. :(

i recomend u buy an alpine bcos they work with controls on steering wheels, check out their site. im planning to buy an alpine, but im waiting for their 2006 new range

is a seperate convertor cable required ?

it shouldnt be, because if u look at the alpine site and select a headunit, i.e the Alpine 9855r they it says its compatible with steering wheel controls

having looked at the site... i don't like Alpine's at all.. they all look the same.. and don't impress me much.

having looked at the site... i don't like Alpine's at all.. they all look the same.. and don't impress me much.

Alpine r really gd headunits, dont let the stye disapoint u, i had an alpine on my focus, really gd headunits, hense y im gna hav an alpine in my corolla. but its up to u

just personal preference really.... i couldn't have a **** looking but great sound headunit.

i wouldn'y have a great looking but **** sound headunit either.

i go for a good looking (in my opinion) and good sound headunit

you mailed who??

i've spoken to digitalsounddirect on the phone and the confirmed that kit will NOT work on the 2005 corollas.

you mailed who??

i've spoken to digitalsounddirect on the phone and the confirmed that kit will NOT work on the 2005 corollas.

i emaild them

so it won,t work thats shxt to hear :crybaby:

it shouldnt be, because if u look at the alpine site and select a headunit, i.e the Alpine 9855r they it says its compatible with steering wheel controls

He he...

That is waiting for ;-)

It's compatible with steering control of Alpine prodaction...

Whi are you whant use standart TOYOTA steering control?

He he...

That is waiting for ;-)

It's compatible with steering control of Alpine prodaction...

Whi are you whant use standart TOYOTA steering control?

:!Removed!: Its build in to use ;)

He He... ofcourse! :-)

I can help you, but I don't know what the model of master sound you install now, and I'am not see that is your own steering in your car. And grand trouble... I'am in the Russia ;-)

If it no problem for U, U can dismount steering and post it to me with model yours master sound unit. Or you can find sound installing master in your place.

Regards!

He He... ofcourse! :-)

I can help you, but I don't know what the model of master sound you install now, and I'am not see that is your own steering in your car. And grand trouble... I'am in the Russia ;-)

If it no problem for U, U can dismount steering and post it to me with model yours master sound unit. Or you can find sound installing master in your place.

Regards!

No thanx , than i cann,t drive

No thanx , than i cann,t drive

Vau! How it is?

May be I'am not fully andestend you... Can you make photo of Steering?

Is it part of wheel? key's on the wheels line? Or it standalone device screving to the wheel?

Its part of the steering wheel

afbeelding0650eq.jpg

Did you want use in this car Sony: MP3/CD Tuner - CDX-F7750 ??

http://digitalsounddirect.co.uk/shop/produ...ts_id/1322.html

I'am not very like SONY brand... I like JVC, PIONEER, KENWOOD, I.M.H.O.

I think, I can connect this device to St.Wheel. I try to find car, that you have, and watch how it connected.

Its part of the steering wheel

afbeelding0650eq.jpg

Did you want use in this car Sony: MP3/CD Tuner - CDX-F7750 ??

http://digitalsounddirect.co.uk/shop/produ...ts_id/1322.html

I'am not very like SONY brand... I like JVC, PIONEER, KENWOOD, I.M.H.O.

I think, I can connect this device to St.Wheel. I try to find car, that you have, and watch how it connected.

No i have a Pioneer MCD 6900 but i,am not going to get my steeringwheel of for you sorry :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links