Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Gt Suspension

starletgt_48

Hey all.

And special hello to starlet turbo owners!!!

Im new to this forum. Iv got my second starlet turbo now and i think iv fell in love with these these lil rockets. Anyway the only thing is that the ride is a bit bumpy. Just wanted to ask which suspension springs/shocks are the best?

Thanx

best for what exactly?

i guess you want a softer ride?

what do you have now and what exactly do you want out of the suspension?

Well to be honest i dont know what i have on it at the moment. Just got it and its a fresh import.

Its just that driving on local road its bumpy and jumps a lot. From reading about other starlet owners comments, seems not many brands make springs for the starlet gt turbo. I just wanted to know what springs are best for the smoothest of rides? Want to keep the ride handling etc gud but what brand will make it a bit smoother.

After posting this topic on here, i was speaking to a friend at work, he says to get the best id have to get the full kit... i.e. Damper, coilover e.t.c But says its not worth the money really?

By the way do you own a starlet aswell?

Thanx

Hi mate i own whats now a track focused starlet so i'm running coilovers but a good choice is Koni or Kyb dampers and TRD springs these are availble from Fensport. Might be an idea to look what you have it might be adjustable you never know.

Simon

i have a starlet. i have standard dampers and lowered springs (apex) and that is bouncy and crap. got coilovers on the way.

the way you describe it as being really bumpy makes me think you have coilovers already. if so you can probably adjust them for a better ride, like starletsy said.

best to find out what you have before buying anything new.

dont listen to your freind, the suspension is the weakpoint on the starlets, it really needs sorting out before any other mods are done!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links