Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Supra To Aerotop - Can It Be Done

djrobski99

Is it possible and in-expensive to convert a MK4 Supra to the Aerotop ?

I have a UK Spec Supra and would love to get the roof chopped to get the roof off, and when it rains (Most of the time in the UK) to whip it back on.

Thanks

Rob

:lol: :lol:

(Thats a no by the way)

If you want an aerotop, do it the proper way..sell your car and buy an aero j-spec.

:thumbsup:

Any thing is possible with enough time and money, but i would say no to making your own areotop. During a front or rear impact a lot of the force is taken through the roof. if you take this away your car could fold in half like a sandwhich with you as the filling. So i would go with adi on this one sell it and get a aero j-spec.

Colin

Personally I have to agree- bad idea. Although you would be a hero lol. If you go for it make sure you take photos lol :eek:

:lol:

If your gonna do that i would go the whole hog and turn the thing into a convertible.

:huh: Now there is a thought, how individual would that be!

Still go get a real Aero if you want an Aero dude.

:thumbsup:

I take it this isn't a joke!

Don't do it. Without major reinforment the car will be dangerous and a potential death trap.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol:

If your gonna do that i would go the whole hog and turn the thing into a convertible.

:huh: Now there is a thought, how individual would that be!

quite individual..

post-39-1059049825.jpg

I know for a fact there is an off the shelf kit to convert a mk3 hard top to an aerotop... so theres probably on for the mk4!!!!

Just don't forget to bolt the targa top down!!!!!

dont mention charlies roof ! sore subject apparently :D Lets just say im sure he was hoping it wasnt going to rain when driving home..

You can do anything to any vehicle if you have the time and/or money. Don't know if I would mess with cutting yours up tho. Toyota went with the bolts in the corners to secure the top for the roll strength rather than the 'T' top like the Nissan.

Charlies isn't a conversion, it's a standard twin turbo aerotop.....

nahhh you misunderstood :D

Charlie was meant to be picking up his new roof from someone at Billing after his old one blew off and got damaged.. thats why NWS jokingly said he'd be converting to hardtop if he didnt get it (which incidentally, he didn't).

• 2 weeks later...

if you're gonna do this conversion fella, go for the full convertible, and make it a power hood! now that would be individual! :thumbsup:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? a conversion junkie? :lol:

I got a roof now finally!!!

but had to take the car off the road to mend the turbos :arrgg-matey:

aw well....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links